“That doesn’t concern you,” Caine replied. “I’m giving you a free ticket to leave right now. Take it or leave it.”

“Liam has attacked my pack several times. Did you send him?” Derek asked Caine, sounding outraged all of a sudden.

“No, I didn’t. But if Liam attacked you, he did a bad job if you ask me.” Caine turned to look at Liam and shook his head at me.

“I wasn’t aiming to kill him. I just wanted to piss him and Tristan off,” Liam shrugged.

“Well you pissed him off,” Caine said.

“Are you mocking my pack?” Derek snapped, his angry eyes looking between Caine and Liam.

“You don’t get to come to my pack and speak to me that way, Derek,” Caine reminded him.

Derek didn’t reply anything. He looked from Liam, to Caine, before his eyes focused on me for a long time.

“Charlotte belonged to my pack. She and I need to clear things up before I consider this a done deal.”

“A done deal?” Liam asked, looking like he was about to shift and attack Derek right then and there.

“How dare you?” I asked out loud.

I wasn’t planning to say anything during the confrontation. I didn’t know if Caine would get mad at me or not, but I wanted to stay out of it all.

I didn’t even want to be there, confronting Derek. But when he said those words, something in me just snapped.

“You kicked me out of the pack. You made me leave my family!” I yelled at him.

“It seems like you’re fending off much better. I didn’t give you enough credit.”

“Charlotte stays out of this. Don’t talk to her!” Caine growled at him.

The look in Caine’s eyes told me any little thing would be enough to tick him off and make him shift.

“For a She-Wolf who might never shift, I guess I’m just surprised she landed herself an Alpha,” Derek taunted.

Derek,” Caine said through gritted teeth.

“You were never worth enough for our pack,” Derek added.

He had done it.

Caine shifted into his large imposing black Wolf and he growled ferociously at Derek, before he charged in his direction.

Derek stood still, waiting for the attack. He didn’t shift. He didn’t step back or step forward to face the attack.

“Scared?” Liam mocked.

“We’re not going to have a confrontation like this,” Derek stated, looking at Caine’s Wolf intensely.

Caine growled at him. I was surprised when Derek actually took a step back, like if he was stepping down.

“So you’re backing down?” Liam asked.

He closed the distance between them and went to stand beside Caine.

Derek looked like he wanted to shift. I wasn’t even sure how his Wolf wasn’t urging him to shift and take on the challenge Caine was sending him.

Caine shifted back into his human form then and stretched his arms wide open.

“You’re getting escorted out of my territory. The only thing keeping me from attacking you is that you didn’t shift. I don’t fight humans,” Caine snapped.