𝘢 𝘤𝘭𝘰𝘴𝘦𝘳 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘦

Почніть із самого початку

Cami is also a therapist so she lets us vent to her when we need it and she gives us advice. Not the normal way of getting therapy, but it'll do.

I let out a deep breath and looked at Klaus. He shared a looked with me that said he didn't know if he really wanted to get into it. I nodded to encourage him.

"I've been having these dreams about my dead father. No diagnosis necessary. I've already got this one covered. My fears of fatherhood, of scarring my child as my father scarred me are manifesting as nightmares. So horrifically cliche." Klaus rambled.

Cami shared a look with me. It's a lot to unpack. "Truthfully, I'm just surprised to hear you acknowledge out loud that you're going to be a dad. I mean, your whole experience with this is not what to expect when you're expecting. The mother of the child isn't even the one carrying the child, and the one carrying her has been living out in the bayou."

Klaus sighed and looked at Marcel walking in the bar. He looked back at Cami. "I know more about the trials of fatherhood than you might imagine, Camille."

Cami looked at Marcel, then back to Klaus. "And it worked out so well for you the first time, why change a thing?" She retorted and walked off. I like her. She tells it how it is.

Klaus never really went into details about raising Marcel. I think the wound of Marcel taking over the empire he built was too fresh.

Soon enough, Elijah joined the table and saw the broody mood Klaus was in. He looked to me as a question and I just shook my head. Let's not get into this right now.

Elijah poured Klaus and himself a drink. He offered one to me but I declined. I feel Hayley's nauseousness.

"Seems rather uncivilized to laugh and dance around the body of a loved one." Klaus muttered.

"Yes, far better than you process of grief, isn't it, Klaus? Denial, rage, and hoarding coffins in basements." Elijah replied. I hid my chuckle.

Hayley came and sat down with us.

"I will warn you, Hayley, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today." Elijah said to her. Again, I had to hide my chuckle.

"Sod off." Klaus muttered under his breath. I felt his hand intertwine with mine under the table.

"What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Oliver's trying to start a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry, and frankly, I'm tired of stalling." Hayley leaned in to ask Klaus. I love Hayley but I cannot stand the pack of wolves that surround her. Oliver is the worst of them all.

"It's a day of peace, Hayley. Try and enjoy it. In the meantime with all the manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll move back in with us." Klaus told her. Hayley sent a weary look to me and I just shook my head. Why am I the middle man today?

"Awesome. Then you can do the thing where you lock me in the tower, I escape, there's drama, and then you two both realize that I'm very capable of looking after myself." Hayley retorted to Klaus and Elijah.

"The rings are in progress. I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the bayou, and you will return to the compound for your own safety. But right now, I'm gonna finish this bottle and the next in the hopes of drowning the demon that has chosen today to haunt me. Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable Freudian timing." Klaus said and took a large swig from the bottle of scotch. The smell is going to send me into a frenzy.

Elijah's face fell. He leaned into the table. "Elaborate. Have you dreamt of our father?"

"Go ahead. Have a good laugh." Klaus replied.