5. Stars and Firewhiskey

ابدأ من البداية

“Alright, alright, we can just follow them.” Maria said. “Quietly,” Ivy added, throwing a look at Paige and her glowing shoes. They did not want to attract attention but Paige’s shoes were doing the exact opposite. “Alright quickly now before we lose them.” Sean said and they all got out, secretively making their way behind the Slytherins, Paige trailing besides Ivy.

The four then quietly followed the Slytherins and managed to find the Room of the Requirement. They hid behind a suit of armour to wait for the Slytherins to go in and followed them.

The party wasn't exactly what Ivy had imagined. She had thought of a dance floor with a disco light, music blaring— drunk students all around. That was what would come to anyone's mind when you first hear the word party. But this was better. This was great actually.

The Hufflepuffs sure had their own way of partying. The whole area was enveloped in a cozy vibe, numerous plants here and there, symbolizing their love for Herbology. There were candles, lots and lots of them scented with every flavor you could think of.
The Hufflepuff common room was near the kitchens and they all were familiar with the house elves. So, food was not a problem at all. They had lined up a great long table, filled with food, on one side. But what Ivy liked the most was the vine wall. The whole wall was covered with green vines that had small berries growing on them. You just needed to stand there and the magical vines would offer you the fruit themselves, like invisible hands controlling them.

Students were all up to different things. Some were talking, some danced to the rhythmic music while others played exploding snap in the corner. There was even a place for students to sing where a 7th year Gryffindor was singing a muggle song.

Maria and Sean were already off taking part in the next round of exploding snap. And Paige was preparing to head off somewhere too. Ivy grabbed her hand.

"Whatever you do Paige, no drinking. That's it." Paige rolled her eyes. "Fine, fine, mum."
She replied sarcastically then with a smile and have fun she was lost in the crowd.

"Okay Ivy. Your friends have officially abandoned you." Ivy said to herself. But truth be told, she didn't want to bother anyone tonight either. Paige wanted to hang around her quidditch team and Ivy did not want to interrupt Maria and Sean. They should spend time together because it was very obvious that Sean liked Maria and everyone knew it but them. So it was better that the two idiots figured out their feelings. Besides, the food table looked too tempting to care for anything else.

Without wasting another second, Ivy quickly went towards the food table. The cupcakes were big, pink frosting with colorful sprinkles on them. She chose the biggest one out of the them and in an attempt to eat the whole frosting in one go without making a mess, she had to take a really big bite due to which her face was currently stuffed with cupcake and her cheeks puffy due to the sugary treat inside. She knew her mother wouldn't approve her 'eating like a monster' like this, so she only wished no one would see her right now. It would be very embarrassing if someone were to find her like this.

"Hi Binns!" A very familiar Gryffindor's voice rang in her ears. Someone she really, really didn't want to see her in this situation. Oh just my luck! Ivy scoffed as she turned around to face him with a guilty look.

Sirius chuckled. "Relax, relax, we have enough food here." He said and Ivy turned red with embarrassment. Why did he always have to catch her in the most humiliating of times?

"You look like a chipmunk." he said pinching her rounded cheeks with his fingers. Ivy blushed even red and quickly swallowed down the cupcake.
"I'm really sorry about that," she said, embarrassed. "Oh, no need to be. Are you enjoying yourself?" he asked. Ivy just nodded her head. Yes, I'm totally having the time of my life. I've already managed to embarrass myself not even 10 minutes into the party. Great life!