𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘨 𝘶𝘯𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺

Start from the beginning

I physically rolled my eyes and attempted to ignore her presence.

"Careful, Elijah. When this one agrees with you, it's a sure sign she wants something." Klaus mocked and continued to walk past her. She sneered.

"Actually, I do have a request. I'm told our coven hasn't been able to celebrate feast days in the open since Marcel restricted the use of magic. Now, with the new peace, I'd like that to change." She said to Elijah.

My face at her must have been obvious because Klaus leaned into my ear. "Careful, darling, those eyes could kill."

If only they could.

"Am I to assume that you have a certain feast day in mind?" Elijah questioned.

She smiled. "The Fete Des Benedictions. Feast of the Blessings. In the past, members of the community offered witches gifts in exchange for blessings. We'd like to use it as a forum for introducing our young Harvest girls to society."

I chuckled to myself. She's delusional. Poor Davina.

"Your coven tried to destroy my family and you, yourself, held my sister in unspeakable torment. And you would like a party for the witches." Elijah said to her.

I laughed. She turned her head to me and I quickly stopped, but I didn't hide my smile. Klaus was laughing too.

"I am trying to make amends. Why don't you think it over?" She asked and walked out.

"Well, I don't think it's a bad idea, actually. Why not a big party to let everyone think we're all happy go-lucky with each other?" Klaus said. He has a point. I just wish Genevieve didn't exist.

I huffed. "Well, if it has to do with the Harvest girls, I'll be there for Davina. I still don't trust them with her."

Elijah sighed. "Then it's settled."

I am all for feminism and sticking to my kind, but these witches are the worst thing to walk to this earth. They're nasty, entitled, and selfish. I understand all of the reluctance of the factions not wanting to come and hand over a gift to them. Hell, I want nothing to do with it. I'm just happy I'm not tied down to this coven.

The night kicked off with a parade of The Harvest girls on floats. I watched as Davina was carried through. I know this has all been difficult for her. I only hope it can get better for her.

When the little show was done, I waited for Davina off to the side. She walked through the gates and saw me. I brought her in for a hug.

"You look beautiful." I smiled.

Genevieve came walking through. Davina and I shared a look before she went off with her. She knows my distaste for her. She's not too fond of that wench either.

Elijah soon joined me with Hayley by his side. She's been spending a lot of time in the bayou with the other wolves. Turns out because of her parents, she's werewolf royalty. They all worship her. I gave her a hug and set my hands on her belly. I can't believe there's less than a month until my baby is born. I'm terrified for the birth.

"How is she treating you?" I asked her.

"Honestly, not too bad. Mood swings are there. Very hormonal but I'm sure you feel that." She chuckled.

I nodded. "Oh, I do."

Everything she feels as pertains to the baby, I feel too.

The night continued and all of the offerings to the witches were made. All of them were made to the other girls. Not a single one made to Davina. I assume I have Genevieve to thank for that.

I watched as Davina walked away from her spot on the throne, utterly upset. I'd be too if I was her.

I went over to her and found Josh by her side. I grabbed both of their hands. "Come on."

"What you doing?" Davina asked, confused.

I'm going to show Genevieve that she can't control Davina like a puppet on a string.

"I'm sending a message." I told her.

I brought them to the front of the room and stood on the stairs. I had a little chat with Klaus beforehand and we both decided what was best to do. He couldn't be here tonight because he had a feeling Genevieve was going to do something stupid. And she did. She sent someone for his mother's grimoire.

"Attention, everyone." I called. Everyone's heads snapped to me. I spotted Genevieve in the crowd. She looked mortified. "We are gathered here on this beautiful night to pay homage to our beloved witches, but one very special witch has been utterly, and rudely ignored. To me, that is mortifying, especially when this night is all about giving blessings and letting go of past grudges." I paused.

"In truth, many of us here today have been wronged in the conflict which Elijah's treaty ended. Josh here was involved in a plot to kill Niklaus. In light of new beginnings, I am here on behalf of Klaus to pardon Josh for his involvement. And in turn, grant him a daylight ring that he has earned by standing by my sister's side in her resurrection." I said and handed him a small box with the ring in it. Davina looked ecstatic. Josh was so happy. He just didn't know how to show it.

I looked to Davina. "And to my sister." I paused and handed her a box. I looked out into the crowd and found Genevieve. "I hope we can all learn to live together again."

In the box was a necklace I spelled for her. It's something so that if she ever needs me, she'll know where to find me.

Because nothing can ever go nicely, Marcel took a page out of Klaus's book on dramatic effect. What was supposed to be a night celebrating the witches, turned into a slaughtering party of humans.

So, not only do we have evil witches to worry about, we have Marcel and his army. What else could go wrong?