Prologue

Everyday I wake up and I wonder how did I get here. Then I remembered my dad, my dad is the reason I'm here and not out in the world enjoying life or in college getting drunk at a frat party. I just never knew why he did it "Max get up we got places to be" I sighed and sat up looking at the man that now owned me I wasn't to fond of him either. Even though he never beat me or did anything to harm me I hated the thought of being someone else's property "Do you mind if I ask where your taking me Kari" he gave me a look and shook his head "I thought you knew by now not to ask questions" I nodded like I said he never hit me but he made sure he put fear in my heart and laid down his rules.

I had been here for a month and I learned that I shouldn't ask questions only speak when spoken too and most of all don't make him look like a fool in front of his people. Figuring he was taking me to the only place he would which was either the trap or a meeting I decided to dress comfortably in some baggy black cargo pants a grey tank top that stopped above my belly button I put on my black and white chuck's and partued my hair putting a ponytail at the top and letting the back hang in it's natural curls. Just as I grabbed the phone he let me have he came walking back into the room "Let's go" I nodded and followed him down the stairs only wondering what today would hold.

We got in the car and drove with the music playing lowly I just looked out the window. The people walking up the street looked so free and happy I just wished I could be the same I had no friends and the ones I did have my dad convinced them I left the state so it was just me. The only people I was allowed to be around or even talk to was his boys and that was rare I sighed as we pulled up to the building that looked abandoned on the outside and it was on the block with a couple more so it didn't look out of place. When he parked we got out the car and he grabbed a hold of my hand just like every other time we came he knocked before pulling the door open I also learned he was the only person who was able to do that since he was the boss. The guard standing there greeted him "How doing boss" Kari just nodded and kept walking with me next to him we made our way through the kitchen of naked girls cooking cutting and weighing and kept walking until we got to his office.

Soon as we walked in I noticed his boy or as he say his right hand Keem posted up on the wall and two dudes sitting in the chair in front of his desk. "Meko Von" Kari greeted nodding the men nodded back Kari sat down and I stood next to him until he pulled me in his lap which was also normal while being here. The man he greeted as Meko eyed me until Kari cleared his throat "So let's get down to business gentleman" the man he addressed as Von sat up and put a black duffle bag on the table "That's 10 grand for the first half" Kari chuckled "Oh y'all niggas serious nigga it's all or nothing I want my whole 20 plus 10 percent interest for bringing me down here for this bullshit" Kari tapped my thigh signalling for me to get up I got up and Meko stopped Kari "Hold up man we got it all do you have the product" Kari nodded to Keem who went out the door and came back with a duffle bag he passed to Kari who then sat it on the table Von opened it "10 kilos right you got a deal" he pulled up another duffle bag and sat it on the table reaching for the coke but Kari touched his hand he looked up "The next time you try and play with my money that's yo balls got it" Von nodded before picking up the bag and walking out with Meko behind him but not before looking at me and licking his lips.

Kari pulled me back down in his lap as he pulled out a pre-rolled blunt put it to his lips and lit it Keem sat down in the chair Meko was sitting in "So what's the word for tonight bro" Kari shrugged "Probably nothing chill at the cut you rolling through". Keem nodded "Yea me and Yanna go slide through" Kari nodded "Cool I'm bout to head out hit me up when you about to come through" Keem nodded they dapped up and I waved bye as Keem threw up the dueces. We left out got into the car and pulled off "You hungry" Kari asked switching lanes I nodded "Yea can we get some Chick-fil-a" he nodded making his way to chick fil a. When we got there we got out the car and made our way inside the restaurant the girl at the register licked her full lips before giving a Flirty smile to Kari "Welcome to chick fil a what can I get you baby" I frowned as she only kept her eyes on Kari "Yea Max baby go head order" the girl looked at me with a mug now on her face "What you want" I frowned "Bi---" I stopped myself and took a deep breath. "Just get us a chick n strip tray with two large waffle fries and two sweet teas and two chick fil a sauces" she looked down pressing buttons before looking back up "That will be 28.75" Kari stopped texting and pulled two crisp twenties out his wallet and handed it to the girl she purposely touched his hand as she leaned over the counter trying to smile seductively. I bust out laughing as she mugged me snatching the money she put it in the cash register and gave him his change while biting her lip. After twenty minutes we got our food and left.