𝘧𝘢𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘺𝘷𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘦

Start from the beginning

All of the sudden, Marcel's head perked up. He took off running up the stairs. I followed right after him. He must've heard something.

We walked into the attic to see the sheet covering Davina starting to move. Thank god.

We removed the sheet right away and watched as Davina's eyes opened. She sat up with a start and started hysterically sobbing. I engulfed her in the biggest hug while she cried into my shoulder. I started crying.

"I got you. I got you." I just kept repeated over and over. She clutched on to me for dear life.

After a few minutes we released and Marcel went in to hug her. She accepted.

When he moved I held her face in my hands and just looked at her. "You're okay. You're alive." I smiled.

I have never been happier to see her.

Davina being back is amazing, but something is wrong. She's depressed. She's numb. She's barely said a word. I don't know what happened to her when she was out, but it couldn't have been good.

She hasn't wanted me to leave her side. I slept next to her all night. She just needed someone there for her.

Marcel went to get her some things. He came back soon and met us upstairs.

"Hey, D, how do you feel? Got you some stuff- organic soap and scented candles, some incense. Just trying to help you get back to feeling, you know, yourself." He spoke. She just stared at the wall. He sent me a worried glance. "Word on the street is, the witches are celebrating. 3 out of the 4 girls sacrificed in The Harvest have come back. First, it was your friend Monique and then another girl, now you. What I hear, the others are saying that the ancestors were with them while they were...dead, you know, talking to them, teaching them. They say they're stronger than ever. Was it like that for you?" Marcel went on.

Tears started to well in Davina's eyes. She shook her head. "No. There was nothing. It was cold, empty, and dark, and it went on forever."

I rubbed her back assuringly. Marcel sat down on the other side of her. "I'm sorry, D."

"I don't want to talk about it. Please, Marcel, don't make me." She begged.

Marcel shook his head.

I kissed her head. She laid her head on my shoulder.

She looked up at me with tears in her eyes. "I don't know how I'd get through this if I didn't have you by my side."

"You'll always have me, D. Always." I told her.

I can't imagine what she's going through. I just wish I had known about her earlier. Maybe I could've protected her from all of this.

Later on, Cami to visit. She sat on the bed and gave Davina a big hug.

"August told me you were up here. Do you want to talk about it?" She asked her. Cami is a therapist so it might help Davina.

She started to cry. "I died...and at first, I was alone, but then I heard them. Voices whispering to me."

"Who?" Cami asked.

"The ancestors. They're so angry with me. I used my power against my own and they said they'd do horrible things to me if I misuse my magic again." She cried.

Since she's a New Orleans witch, she has those ancestors to deal with. I lucked out since I have the bloodline's ancestors. I'm not too sure why it's not the same for her. Maybe it's because I didn't grow up here.