Chapter 1

*The picture above and below do not belong to me*

Astrid POV

"Wake up you lazy idiot, we're gonna be late again!", seriously I can't handle another lecture from our homeroom teacher asking us why we are late again. So then I thought it would be a good idea to go over to Elio's bed and pour icy cold water, to you know help him wake up again. Well that ended up back firing because I am currently being chased by a very angry twin who is chasing me with a bucket of water in his hands. 

"ASTRID, caught you!", the cold water was poured all over my cloths, "noooo how could you", I say dramatically in a fancy British accent and he response in the exact same way . "An eye for an eye sissy". This is how we usually start our mornings with pranks, playful fights and a lot of laughter.  After our little water fight we both got ready for school. 

Today I felt like wearing something comfortable to school and so did Elio

Today I felt like wearing something comfortable to school and so did Elio. We finally sat in the car and put our seat belts on as we waited for mumzie to start the car.

"You two looking very cool this morning" cough, cough mum comments as she starts the car, "mum are you ok, have you been taking your tablets on time?", Elio responds

"You two looking very cool this morning" cough, cough mum comments as she starts the car, "mum are you ok, have you been taking your tablets on time?", Elio responds. "Yes my sweetie pie". "But mum" I say ,"don't worry about it I am completely fine, ok", I just nod my head and turn and face Elio who has a very worried expression on his face. I reach out and hold his hand to help calm him down. 

It has been more than five years since mum has been diagnosed with cancer, at first it was fine but by the time 3 years had passed mum had begun to struggle not only physically but finically as well. So me and Elio have been working at an Italian restaurant to help support our mother. Mum has always been the type of person to get sick all the time but she never shows it, she is always on her own taking care of us. And on top of that we only have each other, and we don't have a father not that it matters, but whenever we ask about him mum always looks sad and heart broken, but I know there is something more to it. She told us that our father passed away from a heart attack me and Elio both know that's not true. I do wonder at times if he really is alive, and that why did he leave us, or did he not want us, well it doesn't matter anymore because I and Elio can take care of our family. 

"Alright my beautiful babies it's time to go to school, love you two and Elio please don't get into any fights today", mum says as she pulls over and sends us air kisses. "love you too mum", we both say at the same time. 

As we entered the building we were greeted by the most pleasant  group of people, note the sarcasm. We just walked straight through the crowd as we heard their whispers and laughters. Another day in my annoying  high school life. As I finally reach my locker me and Elio are both greeted by his two best friends Jay and Alexander.

"Greetings beauty and beasty", Jay says with a smirk on his face.

"Hello tweedle dee and tweedle dum",Elio responds back looking directly at Jay and emphasising the word dum."Hey", "Anyway did you guys hear, her royal anus Jenifer got caught making out with a teacher again", Alexander said, trying to change the subject between Jay and Elio before they have at it again with each other. "Are you serious, won't she ever learn", I respond back.  After catching up with the boys we made our way to the class room as we waited for the teacher to take our attendants.  

"Finally school is over, we can finally go home"yawn, "Sorry to burst your bubble twinny but we have to go to work today and we both have an extra shift waiting a head of us", Elio responds back as he rubs my head and pulls me into a surprise hug. Elio is not only my twin but he is also my best friend, that might sound lonely but he is. And if your wondering why I don't hang out with my friends anymore, is because a year ago I got into a fight with one of them, so basically what happened was that she who must not be named broke my glass and laugh at what she did and responded as a snarky spoilt brat, so I told her off. However this ended up escalating into an even bigger fight, physically and verbally might I had, she spread rumours about me and on top of that she told the secrets that I told her about my self, like about my dad and other personal stuff. And to add more icing to the cake my other friends ended up ignoring me for some wired reason even though I didn't and would never say anything about them.  And thanks to Elio I'm never lonely or sad he always makes me happy. He forces me to play basketball with his friends, which is fun, I also listen to him play the guitar as I draw.