2

"here you go m'lady" jere said in a horrible british accent while opening the door for me.
"why thank you, kind sir" matching his accent.
we walked into their living room. i always loved the fisher's house. it didn't look that much different than mine, but their's was filled with happiness. it was very welcoming when mine kinda just felt empty. my aunt always used to say that the home is the people in it. jere's home had people that were always happy. susannah always had a smile on her face, jere was always being jere and cracking jokes, mr. fisher can do some awesome magic tricks, and conrad, conrad used to be full of energy and light but now he feels empty too. my parents are never really home. they are both lawyers and most of their clients don't live in state so they are always traveling.

"hey susannah, what are you cooking?" susannah was making something in the kitchen. she always made the best food.
"just some brownies. oh kalani you are glowing! you have always been very pretty, you know that but your cheeks are rosy and your hair is wavy. summer looks good on you." she smiles
susannah can  say anything and make you believe it. she had a way with words that can make you feel so special.
"thank you" i laughed. summer looked good on me. this was going to be my summer.

"lani you can go shower. there should be some clothes in the guest room that you left from when you have slept over before. i can go after you!" jere told me.
"okay thanks!" i went upstairs and looked at what  clothes i left last time. there was a cousins crewneck that jere got me a couple years ago and some black sweat shorts. i went into the bathroom and took a shower. the hot water felt good after being in the cold ocean. it was april so the water was still pretty cold. i got out and changed into the clothes and headed back downstairs.

                                jere's pov
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"so you know how belly is coming this summer? i got belly an invite for the deb ball.  well i was thinking to ask lani if she wanted to meet belly when she comes and give her some tips for the ball." my mom started while she tasted the brownie batter.
"cmon mom you know that lani did it for one year and then quit. she hated it. she hates stuff like that."
lani absolutely hated the deb hall. her older sister did it and made lani try it. i was her escort to the ball and she looked beautiful. she wore a long, white silk dress but it was different from everybody else's. the other girls were wearing poofy ones that went out to ur sides when hers went straight down. it hugged her body perfectly and she look flawless. the thing is it's just that she doesn't like that stuff. she much rather be surfing or at the beach. she hated it, so i hated it too.
"jere i'm not asking for lani to do it with her, i just want them to meet each other so that belly knows that if she has any questions, she can ask lani."
"okay fine, but don't push it with the questions" i agreed.
perfectly timed, lani came down the stairs and plopped into the seat next to me.
"alright beach boy, your turn." lani teased.
"fine! i will leave the women to talk." i said while putting my hands up.
i walked upstairs and started the shower.
lani and belly. could they really be friends?

                              kalani's pov
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"hey kalani, you know how we have that family come over each summer? the conklins?"
susannah questioned me. she never really spoke to me about them so this was new.
"yea belly and her family"
"yes belly! okay this year, i got belly an invite to be a deb. and i know that you did it a couple years ago, and i went you 2 to meet so that she knows she can come to you if she has any questions." she told me.
i was okay with this. it wasnt like susannah was asking me to be in the deb ball, she just wanted me to give out some tips.
"yea, i can do that. no problem!"
"okay thank you so much. i just want to have a great role model for her to look up too. she looks up to jeremiah, and you guys are best friends and very alike so i'm sure she will love you." susannah  spoke with lots gratefulness. i think it would also be good to meet belly. she seems like a sweet girl.
"yes of course. i completely understand!"
"this is why i love you lani. you're so thoughtful and kind and you also bring out the best in jere. thank you" susannah smiled.

" lani what do you want to watch?" jeremiah called from the other room.
"outer banks" i yelled back with a laugh.
i walked into the living room and jere was on the couch laying under a blanket.
"no, you are not making me watch that for the billionth time."
"cmon jere, we all know that you just secretly love sarah cameron. " i wasn't lying.
"ok fine, only cause i love you" jere laughed out while turning the first episode. he opened up the blanket for me and i sat on the couch snuggled into him. i laid my head on his chest while he out one arm around me. 
"jj is so hot" i blurted during the middle of the episode.
"lani, have you seen ward? murderer, a theif, and rich? that's what i call hot." he retorted
"ew, ur gross. like you actually have a problem." i told him.
"cmon, you love me"
"only cause i have to, you idiot" i chucked while flicking him on the head.

we continued watching and went through a couple more episodes. at one point jere got up to get us popcorn. i eventually got tired and feel asleep.

jere's pov
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

after a couple of episodes, kalani fell asleep. she looked so peaceful and calm while she slept. she had no anxious worries running through her mind.
i picked her up and brought her to the guest room. i carefully laid her on the bed and tucked her in under the blankets. i would do anything for this girl. i kissed her forehead and walked back downstairs.

"you love her! like love love her!" my mom teased.
"shut up"

truth was, i have always love loved her.

hey guys! here is another chapter for u. i hope u like it! i will try to update again but school is ending so i'm a little busy. hope u have a great day! don't forget to vote!
xo,
bells