Chapter 40 || "Toxic relationship."

Start from the beginning

"How do you know?" I frowned, subconsciously playing with the ends of my long blonde hair.

He just shrugged, his lips parted into a humoured grin.

"I'm smart."

"Oh really?"

"Hell yes."

I let out a soft chuckle before glancing towards out whiteboard, studying Michael's messy writing curiously. It still looked foreign to me, but something about it gave off the whole 'I'm fücking complicated but I'm correct' vibe, and I had a lot of faith in Michael's mathematical abilities.

"Seriously though, what were you thinking?" Michael questioned, his elbow lightly digging into my ribs.

I shrugged, nervously chewing on the corner of my lip. Confessing my feelings to Michael could be extremely relieving, yet it could cause a lot of unnecessary tension, and I wasn't emotionally or physically prepared for that shít.

Better to just keep quiet.

"Pandora." He moaned, elbowing my ribs for the second time.

"Michael." I mimicked, causing his cocky smile to fade into a grumpy pout.

"That was cold."

"Sorry."

"I am severely hurt."

"Sorry."

"Stop saying sorry."

"Sorry- Shít sor- Shít!"

"Its fine," he chuckled, lightly shoving my shoulder "but seriously, are you okay? Has Ashton upset you again?"

"What? What do you mean again?" I laughed, raising my eyebrows questioningly.

Michael sighed, seeming slightly annoyed by my response.

"It's a recurring theme with you two. Ashton fücks up, you forgive him, you last a couple of days, Ashton fücks up again. It's a vicious cycle that neither of you seem to break."

"Well, he's not upset me." I assured, ignoring Michael's previous comment.

He was true, yet I didn't want to admit it. Ashton - although hot headed and dramatic - was an extremely sweet and caring guy, and if he could just show his friends that side of him, then maybe they could finally understand my affection toward him.

"So what has he done?" Michael frowned, his eyes narrowed sceptically.

I sighed, running a hand through my long blonde hair. Although a good friend, Michael couldn't keep a secret for shít, and once he knew how I felt, the whole group would. I didn't know if I was ready for that type of commitment.

"Come on Pandora," he cooed, his green eyes full of sympathy "what's he done?"

"Nothing." I growled, becoming increasingly agitated by Michael's questions.

Why did he have to be so nosy?

"I know it's not nothing," he continued, pressing the matter further "please just tell me."

"Michael-"

"Please?"

I let out an exasperated sigh before turning to face him, ignoring the large grin tugging at his lips. He seemed so pleased with himself, which - although slightly cute - really píssed me off.

"Promise not to say anything?"

"To who, Ashton?" Michael scoffed, rolling his bright green eyes "I'm not fücking stupid Pandora. Of course I won't."