vorfreude

Y/n's POV

I dry off and slip on the cloths that Lizzie left for me on the counter. I hear her footsteps approaching. Her footsteps are on the lighter side compared to Natasha, she's like a flower. Natasha walks with a hidden weight, one of untold history. Lizzie appears on the room.

"Hey we gotta leave soon. Natasha's request."  I deepen my eyebrows.

"Do you think she knows?"  I semi shout through the bathroom door.

"No, but I don't really wanna think about it..."  She opens the bathroom door, to which we gaze at each other using the mirror. I deter my eyes back down to my hands that rest in each other at my waist. Lizzie hugs me from behind, resting her chin on my shoulder. Her hands snake around my waist and wrap around mine. I look back up to the mirror to find her perfect green eyes still piercing into mine full of admiration.  She places an innocent kiss on my cheek.

No words were needed, our eyes did enough talking. We look at each other as if hearts don't break.

"So, do you have anything in mind that you want to do?" She asks with a new excitement.

"What if we went to a flower field?" A world of her scent. Her face lightens.

"It's a plan! Are you ready to go?"

"Uh, yeah let me grab my stuff and we can go... how are we getting there?"

"I'll order an Uber, I'm gonna go ahead and wait outside on the porch."

"Ok I'll be out in just a sec," She heads out. I grab my cloths from the night before and place them in my bag. I head back out to the kitchen and find the note that Natasha left. I flip it over and write
'Thank you :)  -Y/n'  .
I head out the door and take a seat with Lizzie on the stairs. I lean my head over and rest it on her shoulder. We wait in a comfortable silence.

The Uber arrives and in no time we are at Lizzie's house.

"You can go ahead and get in my car I'm just gonna run in real quick"

Minutes later she returns outside now dressed in overalls and white T-Shirt. She gets in the drivers seat and off we go. For reason I can't stop smiling at her. She just so perfect and adorable. Why the hell has it taken me so long to see and what the hell have I done with Natasha. My mind beings to flood with guilt. I push it away.

Lizzie turns on her music and dancing queen by ABBA comes on. I side eye her with a smirk plastered on my face and she does the same. We shout the lyrics as the wind blows around our hair and the sun peers in. It's a perfect day.

We arrive at the flowers fields and go to the entrance.

"A small basket is 5, a large is 10." The worker states.

"We'll take a large," I start to take the money out of my wallet mean while Lizzie is already handing over her card. "Hey! I was gonna pay."

"To slow," she gives a sarcastic frown. She gets the basket from the worker.

"Asshat" I whisper under my breath. I walk in-front of Lizzie to the gate of the flower field.

"Excuse me?" She questions. I start to run and jump the mini gate, Lizzie follows me. We prance around the field until I find a tree I use to separate us to which we come to a minor stopping point but the chase is not over.

"I'm sorry, please forgive me" I pant out of breath.

"Hmm, no." She starts chasing me again, we dash through the pink, yellow and purple flowers. I hear a loud thud and turn around to find Lizzie on her hands and knees. I start to rush towards her.