T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Start from the beginning

"Harry what are we doing? It's freezing," I mumbled, rubbing my arms and looking around.

"What's wrong?"

I shrugged, "I don't know what you're talking about,"

He chuckled, wrapping his arms around my waist, "I wasn't born yesterday."

Sighing, I rested my head on his chest for a moment, not wanting to ruin the moment just yet. He had a way of relaxing me in an instant. He rubbed my back slightly, "Come on, you can tell me."

I pulled away slightly, running a hand through my hair, "It's so stupid."

Watching as Harry's expression softened, I wrapped my arms around myself again, suddenly feeling self-conscious. "I didn't think I'd have to bring it up,"

My eyes stayed fixed on the road as I spoke, not wanting to look Harry in the eyes. "The waiter,"

Harry stepped closer and placed a hand on my arm, giving me an ounce of relief. "It's nothing, I don't know why I'm being so dramatic,"

"Elle," He laughed, "You can tell me,"

"I met him at uni, well... we were seeing each other at one point," I cleared my throat.

"Okay?" He still sounded confused. I didn't blame him, I wasn't explaining this very well.

Exhaling loudly, I looked up at him.

"You know how I was always a bit anxious at the start, of us?" He nodded, "I'd never had relationships before but that was because I always got a feeling that told me that there was something wrong. Long story short... we were seeing each other for about three months and then he cheated on me. The last time I saw him was when I was throwing his things out of my window,"

I chewed my lip at the last part, not my proudest moment.

For the first time in about five minutes, I looked at Harry. I watched as his jaw clenched slightly and I felt nervous. "Say something... please,"

"He's a bastard for ever making you feel like that,"

My eyes widened at his words, before resting my hands on his chest as he held me, "But it was a long time ago, I don't know why I'm making such a thing of it..."

"It took you by surprise, you're allowed to feel something," He said, "Now come on, you're better than him, so don't let him have this over you."

I felt like crying, it was so nice to have someone that just understood, "I love you so much,"

"Good, because I love you too," He leant down to kiss me softly.

We walked back into the restaurant and I felt a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders. I was so grateful to have a relationship where I could be honest about how I was feeling and get nothing in return but support.

Harry told me he'd be back in one second as he kissed my temple and I continued to walk. I heard my name being called in a voice that definitely wasn't Harry's, so I kept walking. Both now returning to the table, we apologised to my parents and they waved it off, bringing us into the conversation.

I noticed that a female waiter was now bringing food to our table, I glanced over at Harry and he shrugged, making me smile.

The rest of the evening went smoothly and I enjoyed spending quality time with the people I cared about the most. My parents took great interest in Harry's work and what he does for a living, constantly asking questions about his next project and if he was going anywhere nice.

"We actually have plans to go to America, soon."

I turned to him, "You do?"

I felt a little hurt that this was the first time I was hearing of this. He cleared his throat slightly, "Nothing is official but it'll just be a short trip,"

I nodded slowly, reaching for my wine.

"Well, I think that sounds lovely, Harry. It must be so nice to have a job that lets you go anywhere," Mum lightened the mood. Harry smiled at this and nodded.

Harry unlocked the front door and immediately walked over to the fridge to grab a bottle of water. Kicking my boots off, I reached up to tie my hair into a bun, "How come you didn't tell me about America?"

I watched as he sighed lightly, "Babe. Nothing is set in stone, I was gonna tell you when we actually had confirmation,"

Nodding, I walked across the room to head for our room, "It would have just been nice to be in the know,"

"Elle come on," He said, making me turn around, "Are you really annoyed about this?"

I waited a moment, I was. But was there any reason for me to be? Not really, I suppose.

"Like I said, it would have just been nice to know that you were planning to take a trip, that's all."

He pursed his lips slightly before nodding, "Okay. I'm sorry."

I nodded once again and headed for bed.

Crawling under the duvet, I scrolled on my phone for a few moments before I heard the bedroom door opening, I didn't look up as I felt the bed dipping, before a weight on me.

"What are you doing?" I laughed lightly, looking down at Harry who was now face-first on my chest.

"I don't want you to be mad at me," He mumbled, his voice vibrating against me as he spoke.

I smiled softly, running my hands through his hair, "I'm not mad, I just want you to tell me things,"

"Okay, I'm sorry... kiss?" He leant up, puckering his lips. I giggled and leaned forward, pressing my lips to his.

We were interrupted by a ping on my phone, pulling away slowly, I glanced at the screen before furrowing my eyebrows. Was I reading this correctly?

@jp96: good to see you today

"Who is it?" Harry asked, leaning in closer.

I huffed, locking my phone, "The waiter. He's got some nerve messaging me,"

Harry's shoulders stiffened and he rolled off of me onto his side of the bed, "What a dick,"

A/N: I'm so sorry, I've had the WORST writer's block with this story - moonlitmarn xo