Ultron

Nevaeh pov

"Stark," Steve repeated.

"Jarvis," Tony said again.

"I'm sorry, I was asleep.
Or I was a dream." The machine said.

"Reboot Legionnaire OS.
We got a buggy suit." Stark ordered.

"There was this terrible noise.
And I was tangled in...in... strings.
I had to kill the other guy.
He was a good guy."

"You killed someone?" Steve asked.

"Wouldn't have been my first call.
But, down in the real world, we're faced with ugly choices."

"Who sent you?" Thor asked.

A recording of Stark was heard from the machine: "I see a suit of armor around the world."

"Ultron!" Bruce said quickly.

"In the flesh.
Or no, not yet.
Not this chrysalis.
But I'm ready.
I'm on a mission."

"What mission?" I asked.

"Peace in our time." He said, and robots boosted their way into the room.

I took out my cards and started fighting. I can't use my spells now; the three swords said so.

I saw a robot coming close to Dr. Cho, I quickly used a card on it, and it turned into a  daisy.

"That was dramatic." Ultron said, "I'm sorry, I know you mean well.
You just didn't think this through.
You want to protect the world.
But you don't want it to change.
How is humanity saved if it's not allowed to evolve?
With these?
Those puppets." Ultron grabbed a robot head and squeezed it until it popped. "There's only one path to peace.
The avengers' extinction." Ultron said, and Thor crashed him with his hammer.

◇◇◇

"All our work is gone. Ultron cleared out, used the internet as an escape hatch." Stark announced.

''Ultron," Steve said.

''He's been in everything. Files, surveillance. Probably knows more about us than we know about each other." Natasha said and Leander on the table.

"He's in your files; he's on the internet. What if he decides to access something a little more exciting?" Rhodey asked.

"Nuclear codes." Maria sighed.

''Nuclear codes." Rhodey agreed and continued, "Look, we need to make some calls, assuming we still can."

''Nukes? He said he wanted us dead." Natasha asked.

''He didn't say dead. He said extinct." I corrected.
runs, this is worse than being burned at the stake.

''He also said he killed somebody," Clint added.

"But there wasn't anyone else in the building." Maria sighed.

''Yes, there was. " Tony said and pulled a hologram of... Jarvis?

"This is insane," Bruce said.

"JARVIS was the first line of defense. He would've shut Ultron down; it makes sense." Steve said.

''No, Ultron could've assimilated Jarvis. This isn't strategy; this is...rage." Bruce said.

Thor barged in and grabs hold of Stark by his throat and held him up

''Woah, Woah, Woah! It's going around." Clint said.

"Come on. Use your words, buddy." Tony told Thor.

''I have more than enough words to describe you, Stark." Thor almost yelled, and I covered my ears.

''Thor! The Legionnaire." Steve told him, and he put Tony down.

"Trail went cold about a hundred miles out, but it's headed north, and it has the scepter. Now we have to retrieve it. again." Thor told us.

"The genie's out of that bottle. Clear and present is Ultron." Natasha said.

"I don't understand. You built this program. Why is it trying to kill us?" Dr. Cho asked.

Tony started laughing. Bruce shook his head at him to get him to stop.

''You think this is funny?" Thor asked.

''No. It's probably not, right? Is this very terrible? Is it so... Is it so... it is. It's so terrible." Tony laughed.

''This could've been avoided if you hadn't played with something you don't understand." Thor said angrily.

"No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It is funny. It's a hoot that you don't get why we need this." Tony slowly stopped laughing.

''Tony, maybe this might not be the time to-" Bruce started to say but was cut by Tony.

''Really?! That's it? You just roll over, show your belly, every time somebody snarls." Tony asked.

''Only when I've created a murder bot." Bruce replied.

"We didn't. We weren't even close. Were we close to an interface?" Tonyn asked.

''Well, you did something right. And you did it right here. The Avengers were supposed to be different from SHIELD." Steve said.

"Anybody remember when I carried a nuke through a wormhole?" Tony changed the subject.

"No, it's never come up." Rhodey answered.

''Saved New York?" Tony continued.

''Never heard that." Rhodey played this little game with Tony.

"Recall that? A hostile alien army came charging through a hole in space. We're standing three hundred feet below it. We're the Avengers. We can bust arms dealers all the live long day, but that up there? That's... That's the end game. How were you guys planning on beating that?" Tony asked.

''Together." I said.

''We'll lose." Tony sighed.

''Then we'll do that together, too."

Tony looked at him for a moment before he turned away, and Steve continued, "Thor's right. Ultron's calling us out. And I'd like to find him before he's ready for us. The world's a big place. Let's start making it smaller."

I gasped and put hand over my heart.

"Fuck..." I cursed and put my other hand on the table for support.

"Sabrina?
Are you okay?" Natasha asked me.

"It's... It's her.... It's the scarlet witch... she's waking up." I groaned, and the hand on my heart turned into a fist from the pain.

"I'm sorry?
Scarlet witch?
You said you were one of the last ones." Tony asked.

"Well, clearly, I was wrong, Stark." I sighed and fell to the ground in pain.

"Nevaeh!" Natasha ran to me. "What's going on with you?" She asked.

"The scarlet witch is feeding off of my energy; she needs to do so to wake up." I explained, and the pain faded. "She stopped... yet not awake." I smiled.

"When she comes, the world will be destroyed." I said in Latin.