Chapter 12.

_______

1ST POV
_______

.

.

So much for not changing the timeline. Remember when I mentioned wanting to experiment with my blood and all that? Well, I went ahead and did it, and what I found out was that my blood is quite peculiar.

During my journey, I came across several demons. And by "came across," I mean I actively sought out the nastiest auras in the vicinity to conduct my experiments. You know, the usual. However, what baffled me the most was that every time I encountered one of these demons, it played out exactly the same way: "strange human blah blah blah, you're weird yadda yadda yadda, DON'T MESS WITH ME!" It was like a broken record. But this led me to a conclusion.

One: my scent was still puzzling them, which was well known - by me.

And two: they don't go crazy even if I have an open wound, despite being labeled as marechi, which I could not comprehend for the love of Allah above!

Trust me, it was a bit awkward when I deliberately cut my hand off, expecting a bamboozled demon, only to have the bastard stare at me in disbelief with an underlying tone of...concern for my mental health. That motherfu-

In short, nothing hinted at the possibility of me being a marechi. I was about to let go of that issue, apologize to the demon, and continue on my merry way when a memory of what happened to that meleoron-looking dude flashed in my mind. Without a second thought, I whipped my bloody arm like a wet towel, the target being his mouth.

I can only say one thing.

Things went south real fast.

That demon immediately lunged at me with a speed that would've put the Flash to shame. His eyes were crazed with bloodlust and hunger, drool flowing from his mouth like a rabid animal. And that, ladies and gentlemen, solidified my suspicions of being a marechi. Satisfied with my theory being proven right, I punted him into oblivion and continued on my way.

Well, that was the experimental part. It was all fun and games until I crossed paths with Kokushibo. Again. Yeah, I'm sure anyone with enough brain cells had already caught up on that earlier.

This occurred approximately two months after the onsen incident...

__________

'At this point, I'm wondering if fate isn't just messing with me or if the higher-ups had a hand in this - which I'm convinced is the case at this point, but anyway.'

Thankfully, this time I was wearing the cloak, so there was no way he could recognize me, right? Right? Well, I was mistaken. The demon stared at me for a good long time, which kind of creeped me out, to be honest. And when I tried to take my leave - you know, like a normal person would when meeting a demon - he followed me. Like, really.

At first, I was like, 'Sir, do you need help?' playing the oblivious card, you know? But that six-eyed fucker just kept watching me like I was some snack or something - which I am, alright - that is until he muttered one thing that made me pause in my tracks.

"Lith."

'Ah crap'-