seven

God damn.

I know my family is pretty rich, and so are the Fishers, but Nicole's house was huge. There were already a ton of people at the party, drink cans littering the front yard and music blaring through the front door.

"Do you think Nicole needs a dog? I can bark." I joked with Taylor and Belly as we stood outside.

They both laughed, "Come on."

"Belly and Lauren! You guys came!" Nicole walked up giving us each a hug. She led Belly over to the giant birthday cake, but I didn't feel like dealing with the deb girls, so I went to get a drink with Taylor.

Jeremiah was sitting alone on the couch next to the drink table, so I plopped down next to him and threw my legs over his lap.

"Hey, Ellie bear." He said grabbing onto my legs. I could tell he was a bit tipsy.

I smiled at him and leaned in to whisper in his ear, "How much you want to bet that Taylor gets drunk and tries to make a move on either you or Steven." I could tell that she was getting jealous of how close Nicole was with Belly, and she was ready to drink.

He laughed, "Well, let's hope it's not me."

"Why not?"

Turning to smile at me he whispered, "Because I've already got my eyes on someone else."

He's just drunk, he doesn't know what he's saying.

I patted his cheek and stood up, holding out my hand to him, "Come on, let's go find the birthday girl."

He took my hand and we walked through the house before spotting Belly on the couch with Cam.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Jere whispered.

"No-" He cut me off pulling me towards the karaoke machine.

"Oh, Jesus." I groaned when he started singing Summer Lovin from Grease, but I couldn't stop myself from joining in on Sandy's part. Jere kept twirling me around and I had a lot of fun even though we definitely sounded horrible.

Belly got up and walked away, but Jeremiah held me from going after her. I was confused when we were playing beer pong and I saw Steven run by, "Steven? What happened?" I chased after him.

"I really fucked up, Elle?" he pulled away.

What the shit?

Belly walked out of the house and asked Cam to leave, "Elle, you're my new partner." Jeremiah pulled me over.

I wanted to figure out what happened, but I was honestly too many drinks in to care.

-

The fourth of July. One of my favorite days of the year. Thankfully, everyone was on good terms, as far as I knew of, even Taylor and Belly made up after the whole situation with Steven.

"Yo, can I finish your milk?" Jere asked me as we ate cereal while everyone else ran around the house getting ready.

I smiled at him, "Sure," I regretted my situation when he put the bowl down and had a milk mustache, "That is so disgusting."

Susannah then strutted in the room, "Girls, remember the deb ball dance practice is tomorrow, so you need to find escorts."

I groaned and pulled at my face.

My first choice would be Jeremiah but I know he would never say yes, and the only other person I had in mind was Cade.

And I really didn't want to ask him.

"Oh my gosh, Laurel! Are you wearing makeup? It looks so good!" I walked closer to her before heading up the stairs to get ready.

I put on a cute blue sundress, feeling very patriotic.