𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

Start from the beginning

In an instant, Jeongguk melts. His heart palpitating faster than it ever had before.

Continuing the kiss, he groans and pushes Hoseok further into the sofa, and almost imposes his entire weight on him. The bouquet of flowers long fallen on the floor, the duo make out for a few minutes.

To Jeongguk, it was a pure bliss.

Because for the first time in three years, Hoseok isn't resisting him. For the first time in three years, Hoseok is kissing him back with equal passion. With want. Because for the first time in three years, it looks like Hoseok wants him just as much as he wants Hoseok.

When they pull away, Hoseok takes a long breath and looks down, suddenly feeling both flustered and guilty and shitty. He truly does not deserve all the love he receives from both Jimin and Jeongguk.

Jeongguk holds his face and warmly smiles at him, "I love you."

Hoseok softly pushes the younger male away away, "We shouldn't be doing this." He whispers, "We shouldn't.."

"Hoseok," Jeongguk pronounces, "I love you. You love me, too, don't you?"

The said male avoids his soft yet demanding eyes which were asking for an answer. Jeongguk doesn't pressurize hum further, instead, he nuzzles his head on Hoseok's neck, inhaling his scent as though he's trying to imprint the smell in his brain.

Hoseok shudders. "I'm sorry..." he says, "Sorry that you're in pain."

"You don't have any reason to be sorry at all!"

"Considering the fact that I was the one who initiated all of this despite knowing what you feel for me back in that day.. yeah, I do have a pretty big reason to be sorry about. Not only towards you, but also towards Jimin."

"I don't care." Jeongguk inhales again, now sitting up right, "I never did, about you being with Jimin. Well, honestly, it does bother me a lot, but I try not to think about it much. Because I know you're happy with him."

"But you're aware that I could be very selfish." He adds. "And in your case, I'm stupidly selfish and stubborn because I come running to you at every chance I get, despite knowing what's in your heart. It's not your fault, it's mine. So, don't beat yourself to it, okay?"

Hoseok holds his face in his palms, his eyes watering. "No," he chokes a little. "It's my fault. I deceived both you and him. I don't deserve any of your both love." He takes a few deep breathes in, remembering what he had done. "I— I feel awful when I recall all those things. I used you, Jeongguk-ah. I'm such a bad person. I used you despite knowing you're in love with me. Despite knowing I'm going to get married to Jimin soon."

"Hyung, listen to me," Jeongguk attempts to talk, but he couldn't, because Hoseok speaks soon after.

"And I hid that fact from you." His voice wavers, "So, yes. I'm such a bad person, Jeongguk-ah. And no amount of your reassurances would change my mind."

Jeongguk looks like he wants to ask something, but is contemplating whether or not to ask. But deciding it's best to let his doubts out rather than keeping them all in, he speaks: "Can I ask you something, hyung?"

Hoseok nods, sighing deeply.

"Why did you do it?" He questions softly. "When you knew that you wouldn't be able to be mine in the future, and that I was in love with you— why did you do it?"

Now, he wouldn't lie. Jeongguk feels pretty bad when he thinks about how Hoseok had used him as a one-,night stand a few days before hus wedding and completely ditched him as soon as the night was gone. He feels void, but when he thinks again, and relives the memory of Hoseok going so pliant and needy underneath him, all of his saddened thoughts get washed away.

During these years, these two have never opened up like this ever before. Mostly because Hoseok is too quick to push Jeongguk away from him, or they just couldn't spend some quality time together.

Now, though, Jeongguk is both surprised and antsy. Because they're talking about their past so openly, which is so unusual. And he wishes Hoseok stays honest when he replies to his question.

He sees Hoseok gulping after which he meets their eyes. Out of all the things Jeongguk had in his mind, never in his wildest dreams had he ever expected the following words to leave Hoseok's pretty lips:

"Because I loved you, too."

✰✰✰

Sooo, how was the surprise?
Were you expecting Hoseok to
say that?

I have a feeling you all are going to
hate Hoseok [from this book] for that
XD or maybe not, but either way,
lemme know!!

13102022; 09:45 pm
word count: 1365
( not proofread. )