Chapter 77 - New year party

Start from the beginning

It was already winter.

Class One’s performance for the New Year Party was finally decided upon, and it would be a Cinderella stage play. The Literary and Art committee were soliciting a list of actors, and Chunian would be played by Liang Yingying. Jiang Chunian achieved her own wishes of winning the position of the vicious stepmother, and the positions for the rest of the wicked sisters, fairy godmother, all kinds of small animals, as well as the king and ministers were then assigned to others.

Only the choice for the prince remained empty for a long time.

All eyes turned to the middle of the fourth group.

Ma Xiaoding scratched his head in embarrassment, “Why are you all looking at me? Do you want me to play the role of the prince? In fact, it’s not impossible, but I already have the role of a little mouse.”

One of the committee members smacked him on the head with a book, “Just be your mouse.” Her eyes then fell on the two heroic figures up front. She smiled and said, “Brother Yu, God Xie, you two big handsome fellows, one of you should be the prince.”

Others egged them on, “Yeah, we can’t waste resources.”

Song Yu had insisted on wearing a t-shirt in school for a while after winter began, causing him to catch a cold. After getting woken up during class, he swept a glance over them and spoke. His voice was a little nasally, “Don’t look at me, I don’t want to act.”

The committee member sighed, then turned her gaze to Xie Sui and looked pitiful, “God Xie, we’ll definitely be able to shock the entire audience if you make an appearance.”

After Xie Sui saw that Song Yu was awake, he focused on getting him to take medicine and didn’t have time to reply to the committee member. His response was short and simple, “No.”

His slender hand held up the cup, placing it directly against Song Yu’s mouth.

Song Yu’s face instantly scrunched up like a ball after he took a sip of the medicine. Because it was too bitter, he turned and supported himself against the wall as he coughed, “What kind of damned medicine is this? It’s too bitter, did you put poison in it?”

Xie Sui raised an eyebrow, “You’re quite delicate.”

Song Yu was unhappy, “You drink a sip!”

Xie Sui sneered, “Shall I drink it then feed you?”

Song Yu was like a sick cat with his cold, coming up with all sorts of weird ideas, but after being provoked like this, he immediately exploded in anger, “I’m telling you to drink a sip and try it! Who wants you to feed me! I won’t eat it even if you feed me––”

Xie Sui stuffed a piece of candy into his mouth and blocked his words.

It was a fruit candy. It was very sweet and dispersed the bitterness in his mouth.

Song Yu had originally wanted to show his backbone and spit it out, but he discovered that it tasted pretty good after giving it a try. So, he shut up and kept it in his mouth.

The crowd of people who were watching the interaction and conversation between the two, “……”

They felt like they’d been hurt.

A sports committee member spoke up from beside the art committee member, “If you can persuade Brother Yu to play Cinderella, then God Xie will probably agree to play the prince.”

The art committee member wanted to cry but had no tears, “Take a look at Brother Yu, does he look like someone who can be persuaded?”

The sports committee member thought about it, then gave a suggestion, “Persuade him with emotional reasons.”