Meeting Once Again

A/N: Well it's been about 6 months and this book is finally finished. Make it 10 or 11 if you count the day I received this idea (on AO3 to be specific). But it's finally done. And may be my last Amourshipping book based on JN105.

So relax yourself, get something to drink since this one-shot is quite long, and enjoy reading.
And maybe even provide some feedback, I want to know if my writing quality has improved or diminished over time.

[With Ash & Goh, 1 hour before Chloe's arrival]

This was before Ash and Goh found that Altaria that would send the two on a wild goose chase. The reason they were sent to Hoenn (Lilycove specifically) was to collect some data on the local water-types, all of which the two boys were familiar with, which also meant Goh didn't have any new catches at that time.

So as of this time, the two of them and their pokemon were not too far from Lilycove's contest hall and are currently having lunch. Goh was scrolling through his Rotom Phone's Dex, deciding what pokemon he should catch next while he and Ash are still in Hoenn. And Ash, he just enjoyed his food alongside Pikachu.

"You know we've done everything we needed to do here, ready to head home yet?", Ash asked as he looked towards Goh who was still scrolling through his Dex.

"Eh not yet, i want to catch at least 1 pokemon while we're still here", he answered as he continued to scroll, as he was doing so, Ash got up to throw away their trash when a sudden gust of wind blew by and brought to him a poster. This one specifically promoting the city's Contest Spectacular, which also showed Lisia and Ali (her Altaria) front and center.

"'Contest Spectacular'?", he questioned as he held the poster in both his hands and made his way back to Goh, Grookey and Pikachu. They saw him come back and looked to him.

"What'cha got there Ash", Goh asked as he, Grookey & Pikachu looked to Ash curiously.

"This poster ended up getting caught in my face, says something about 'Contest Spectaculars'", he explained showing the poster to him and the two pokemon.

"Aren't they just Pokemon Contests? Your friend Dawn does take part in those"

"It could be, but it's been years since i've seen a Pokemon Contest in person, or even compete in one", of course the last contest he has seen in person was Dawn's. Plus all this talk about Pokemon Contests were bringing up old memories to Ash, like those with his past travelling companions May and Dawn. The blue-haired coordinator being his recent reunion with aside from Brock and Misty and he has yet to see May again or her brother Max. He had a lot of fond memories with everyone of them.

But another person came to mind and that was Serena.

Ash did meet the Lumiose siblings again about a week ago and some conversations from the two (especially from Bonnie) made him think back to their journey through Kalos together, and made him think about Serena too. The boy always wondered what she was doing now as a coordinator. Probably taking on the contest circuit here or in another region, continuing to hone her skills.

The topic of Serena to Ash has been a sensitive one, ever since that one strong act she did to him back at the airport changed his entire view on her forever. But if he were to ever reunite with her, he would do it with a smile on his face.

As he was reminiscing on past friends. Goh suddenly snatched the poster from him and stood up, looking at it.

"Ash, you may have just given me an idea", he said confidently as he held the poster in his hands.

"You want to give Contest Spectaculars a try while we're here?", Ash bluntly asked, causing Goh to almost fall over from that question.

"What? No! I'm gonna catch an Altaria", he answered. "I just realized i haven't caught that or Swablu, and that's what i'm gonna catch"