005

"What the hell happened to your face?" Was the first words Isla Aldrich spoke as she opened her front door to see Steve Harrington

His face was filled with forming bruises and blood was dried around his cheek and lips, and she wasn't sure whether to be concerned or angry at whatever had happened.

Isla had stayed home throughout the day, her mom had been fast asleep by the time she got home the night before so it didn't matter she was after curfew, but Isla just needed time to recover.

Her throat was sore and her arms were covered in purple and green. She missed weekend cheerleading practice earlier in the day, but that was the last thing she saw herself caring about.

Back to her question, though, Steve raised an eyebrow and leaned against her doorframe. "Why, does it make me look even more irresistible?" He teased and Isla frowned.

Steve's flirting didn't really do anything for her in that moment, she was too concerned with the possibilities of what happened. "Steve?" She asked again, her voice softer and he noted the concern and sighed.

"I did something stupid with Tommy and Carol," Steve shook his head, "And Jonathan punched the hell out of me for it."

Isla moved to the side of her door and offered him inside, which he accepted and she closed the door. "Do you need anything, ice, antiseptic, anything?"

Steve glanced around, noticing the living room looked to be freshly cleaned but then his attention drew back to the blonde. "Maybe a towel and water to get rid of the blood, besides that I'll be good until I get home." Steve shrugged, not wanting to dismiss her worries and Isla nodded.

"Just, uh, follow me." She told him, moving down the hallway towards the nearest bathroom, which he noted to be hers. The freshly showered smell was the same as her usual scent.

Isla had him sit on the closed toilet and moved to grab a towel, slightly dampening it before pressing it to his face. "Does it hurt at all?" She asked, curiosity lacing her tone.

Steve winced subconsciously as she put a bit of pressure on the cheek to remove the blood, "Like a bitch, but I deserved it."

"What did you do?" She finally asked, the question budding on her mind and Steve closed his eyes.

"I— Well, Tommy spray painted something about Nancy on the movie theatre titles." Steve's tone was embarrassed and Isla widened her eyes as she moved the towel to just stare blankly at him for a second.

Steve met her eyes and grabbed her wrist gently, bringing her hand and therefore the towel back to his face and she frowned but continued helping. "Vandalism?" The brunet nodded his head.

"What did you write? Or him, whoever wrote it." Isla rambled towards the end and Steve took a longer second to answer. "Steve?"

"Nancy, the slut, Wheeler." His voice was almost incoherent and Isla felt her hand move away from his face again and he didn't draw her back this time. She had finished, the only marks left on his face were the scabs she didn't want to irritate and the bruises, but he was okay now. "Say something, Isla, please."