004

Isla was in panic, her eyes red from panicked crying and her voice raw from screaming

Isla was in panic, her eyes red from panicked crying and her voice raw from screaming. It seemed impossible- one second she was right next to Gwen and within a few more, Gwen was completely gone- and Isla had run through the point of just getting herself completely lost.

It was late, and it was a good chance it was nearing her midnight curfew, but Isla didn't care. She was willing to risk explaining this to any cops her mother called for the sake of finding a clue as to where the younger girl went.

The blonde had finally seen a break in the woods and relief mixed with complete dread filled her. Her dirty shoes found the concrete of a road, definitely far away from where she parked but she figured she could navigate herself somewhere.

The air was growing colder and Isla had to squint to see if there was a road sign nearby, trying to figure out which street she was on. "Gwen?" Isla's voice broke, quiet as she spoke the name so even if the other girl had been around, Isla wouldn't hear it.

Fucking Isla, crying while you can't even see in the darkness is not a good move.

A squeal was heard and Isla spun on her heels to notice a car driving close to her. Her eyes widened as she stepped off the side of the concrete into the grass, the divider between the road and the woods, but truthfully she couldn't care less anymore if someone hit her in the moment.

She watched as the car began to slow down, passing her before stopping a few feet ahead and a familiar face stepped out.

Steve Harrington?

Isla had to blink to make sure that her eyes weren't deceiving her, or that her vision wasn't too blurry to notice the man slowly walking up to her. Her eyes adjusted to the light and she was vaguely able to tell he seemed distressed too, his own eyes filled with red and she tilted her head a bit.

"I could be a serial killer, for all you know." Isla finally said, seeing as the two of them seemed equally confused by the others presence. Her voice was scratchy, something Steve noted and he blinked.

"Isla?" He asked, "What- What are you doing out here?"

Isla frowned, not like Steve could see and she gestured around, "I-" Her voice broke again and she felt a new wave of tears brimming her eyes. "Fuck, Harrington," She laughed bitterly and Steve stepped closer in caution, "Someone took Gwen."

"Isla here, can I drive you home?" Steve asked, running a hand through his hair.

She watched him, before looking around and truly seeing she had no idea where she was. But then the confusion as to why Steve was across from her, also in the middle of nowhere, was brought to the forefront of her mind. "What are you doing out here, Steve?"

The brunet sighed, "I drove to Nancy's house to surprise her. Then, I went to her window and she's in there fuckin' Byers."

Isla widened her eyes, it truly was a bad night for everyone. "She was fucking Jonathan?"