Pulling back, I press up on my toes to kiss him, but Parker is quick to reach up and wipe two fingers over my lips first.

"What was that for?"

"They touched Brooks' face," he shrugs, finally leaning down to me.

I laugh against his mouth.

"I brought you something."

Perking up a bit, I close my eyes, holding out my hands to him. I hear him chuckle lowly before my beanie is pulled off, and something else replaces it.

"Did you save me a hat?" I look up at him.

He leans in close, whispering, "I've got five more in my bag for you."

Bursting into laughter, I peck his cheek. I never wear normal hats, but I feel like that may change soon.

After deciding that we should head back to the group, the five of us greet Austin quickly and head outside.

"Where are we sleeping?" Parker questions.

I immediately stop swinging our hands, keeping my eyes on the ground. "Actually, I think I should be alone tonight."

Everyone stops walking, turning to us.

When nobody speaks, I keep going. "It's just," I pause, searching for the right words. "You all are leaving this weekend, and I'd rather you be a few minutes away just in case I do end up needing you at first."

"Oh," he says long and low. "Can I at least come stay on the couch?"

Glancing at Ellie, she gives me a reassuring nod, urging me to continue.

"I need to know that I'm okay by myself, and if you're only down the hall, I'll end up with you no matter what."

It's obvious he's not sold on the idea, but he presses a kiss to my forehead and steps back anyways. "Don't be afraid to call me."

"I won't," I smile at him, trying to seem braver than I am at the moment.

Ellie and I hug the other two boys goodbye, and head over to her car. The entire time, I can feel Parker's eyes burning into my back.

~

I've decided to cheat a bit.

Ellie and I order dinner, and while we wait, build a fort in the living room. We're going to sleep out here tonight, but put a hanging sheet between us so that I'm half-alone. I'm still struggling with nerves, so I do what I do best, bake.

By the time we start our TV show, I've already cranked out pumpkin bread, cupcakes, and strawberry cookies.

"You know," Ellie points at me. "I go to the gym almost every day, but I still can't lose weight because you never stop feeding me."

"El, you requested half of this shit."

She gasps, "how dare you accuse me of such things."

I smack her shoulder softly.

"Connor is texting me, I guess Parker texted you a while ago and is nervous cause you still haven't responded."