THIRTY

30.

"𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡"

"𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘
𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡"

Aang's life flashed before his eyes.

He must've anticipated what was coming. He must've known that he couldn't avoid this without resulting Katara being hit instead, he couldn't prevent his fate. There was no way he could recover in time.

Aang couldn't define the immense suffering and sensations of millions of electricity volts passing through his body, deep within his skin like no tomorrow.

The world was going black and his eyes closed, just a brief glimpse of time. And when his eyes flew back open, he knew it was not going to end well.

His screams of agony force their way out of his throat loud and more clear than ever. Every second, his screams come to be louder and louder. It was increasing at a fast rate that one's ear would start bleeding if they stood too close near him.

Katara tried to shout but her lips were frozen in panic. She tried to help him. She needed to help him but her feet refused to move. She tried to scream from the top of her lung in the hope someone would hear, but her voice wouldn't allow it.

There was a refusal of acceptance in Katara's eyes. She took two small steps backwards while terror sucked the very breath from her mouth. What she's witnessing, undoubtedly seemed like a nightmare.

Her pulse beat in her ears, blocking out all other sounds but Aang's scream.

Shortly, all the sound stops and when Aang ultimately dropped to the ground with a loud thud, his body remained immobile. Katara hears a high-pitched scream; she didn't realise it was hers until much later.

Sweat pours down her body as Aang stayed still. Her knees collapse while the hairs on the back of her neck rose and her mouth ran dry. Katara looks down at his body, carefully verifying the tremendous scar on his back.

Aang wasn't dead yet, but he could be soon.

This wasn't something Katara wanted. This wasn't what Katara planned and yet here she was, in this hallway, struggling with the brutal reality that what just happened really happened.

A part of her thought it was her fault. Still, she wondered if she could have done something different, she would have done it, but there wasn't much choice.

With her body trembling and her hands shaking, Katara stretches her arms out to turn Aang and tears stream down her eyes when she sees his pale face with no life.

Love in Disguise | KataangOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara