"Angelo has no taste." I whispered. He cleared his throat, making his presence known.

"Your place is, nice." He glanced around to the odd art, judging me severely.

"Thanks. I'm pretty sure a first grader painted that one. It's abstract yet deeply moving." I stood from the couch.

"Gusto orribile." ("Horrible taste") he sneered. I rolled my eyes, he was never good at comebacks.

"Loosen up Angelo. Tonight, beviamo." ("we drink.") I matched his annoying proper accent. Fiore threw his bag to the couch and followed me to the kitchen for shots.

"We haven't even eaten dinner yet." Angelo reluctantly followed. I opened the freezer and tossed him one of Emmy's meals. He narrowed his eyes and looked around my kitchen as if it weren't fit for cooking. Maybe I should have invited Edith sooner...

"Where is Emmy? I texted her yesterday and said she was welcome to come." I asked as I turned on some music.

"Her and aunt Flora are having a night together. There's some special moon flower blooming tonight." Fiore answered, ditching the shot and taking a pull from the bottle.

"I'm starting to think I should have stayed home and joined them." Angelo huffed as he looked through my cabinets for a skillet.

"No way, we're having fun tonight. I need fun. Drunk forgetful fun." I rose a toast to Fiore's full bottle, handing Angelo a shot as well. It took him a while but he rose his glass too. He tried setting it down after we drank ours but I picked it up and forced it in his mouth.

"You two are ridiculous when you get together."  He mumbled. Fiore tugged me in for another hug and told me about the guy he was seeing, how dad and Emil didn't at all approve.

"They never do, how's Mari and Penny?" I asked. He smiled.

"They're good. At each others throats regularly but I think they fight because they miss you." He cocked his head and stuck out his lip. Those two were too similar, I always played buffer for them, there was only one thing they could agree on, their love for me.

"I'm coming home in December." I assured. Angelo cooked Emmy's frozen meals perfectly. We ate and drank and caught up until there was a knock at the door. I sent a mischievous smile to Angelo as I got to my feet.

I swung the door open and smiled at sweet Edith, but quickly frowned at the brute behind her. Before I could say no, Deacon shoved past me.

"I brought another bottle!" He hollered, tossing it to an excited Fiore.

"Im so sorry, he was over at the house when I was leaving and hounded me until I told him. Then of course insisted on coming." She rambled, I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"It's okay." I comforted. She nodded and walked in, her gaze immediately falling on Angelo. He quickly stood from the couch, making his way to us.

"Edith, it's good to see you again." He greeted her sweetly.

"Is it?" She joked. He insisted he make her a drink in the kitchen. I left them alone, seeing as Angelo has now halted his apposition to getting drunk.

"Where's your brother?" Fiore's prodded Deacon as he took a seat.

"My brother doesn't do things like this." He admitted.

"Drink?"

"Have fun." Deacon glanced to me before pouring a heavy glass of whiskey. The tension between us was thick. I couldn't help but notice his big body, the way it tightened in his black shirt and dark pants. He looked as if he went to the office today. He was already filling the room with his scent. A scent that made my insides run wild. It seemed the more time I spent with them the harder it was to resist the bond. I adjusted my sweater, tucking it low over my leggings, worried I'd start pooling at the thought of him. Dark hair, dark eyes, maybe even a little darkness inside him. He looked me over just as hungrily.