Chapter 2: Double Action... Coffee!

Ryotaro's POV

The day was over... or at least the exams were, and sure Momotaros had a blast, but we could've scored more points if he hadn't fought that 0-pointer... all I had to do now was get home... which wasn't for a while anyway. I let out a sigh as I unlocked my bike and got on, being unbalanced at first but got steady and began cycling home.

I ought to help Nee-san with the café when I get back as well. I don't even remember how I became Den-O properly, better note that down mentally. "Hey! HEY!" I heard a voice and snapped out of my thoughts as I realised I was cycling right down a hill and straight up a ramp of garbage. 

"AAAAH!" I screamed a little bit, covering my eyes to feel an impact. Except there wasn't and the wind against my face had stopped. I opened my eyes and found myself stuck in a tree, with no harm? That was good for once. I looked at my surroundings and let out a huge sigh. It wasn't fairly high, but there were no branches for me to climb down.

I whined a little bit and put my head in my hands before a voice called out to me. "Uhm, excuse me do you need help?" I removed my head from my hands and looked, seeing this girl with a round head and brown hair which stretched a little. "Y-yeah, that w-would be helpful... please." I pleaded as she put her hands together and suddenly, I started to float along with my bike.

"AH! AH AH!" I was clearly, a little freaked out by this, but  she removed her hands and I began falling faster and faster, I put my hands in front of my eyes to blind myself from my fall, before nothing came once more, then I fell flat a small bit, no damage though. I got up and picked up my bike. 

"Ah! Th-thank you, thank you. So much." I thanked them and bowed several times. "It's no problem, really! But... how'd you end up in a tree anyway!?" She asked, a bit alarmed. I gulped and point over to the garbage ramp and then spoke again. "I-I have REALLY b-bad luck as well." I explain a bit sheepishly. "Your quirk is bad luck?" She asked, raising an eyebrow. "N-no, I just have bad luck, I'm actually Quirkless..." I admitted, recoiling a bit if any laughter were to come my way.

"Ohh... I see, well I'm Ochaco Uraraka." "Ryotaro, Umar. Thanks for saving me, Uraraka-san." I thanked her with a bow. "I think I saw you in the exam room area, and I just had to help another to-be hero in need. Plus, it's what a hero does. They help rescue people." She told me, and I was a bit shocked.

"I didn't see you in my Battle Centre though." I told her a bit confused. "I meant in the room where they gave the presentation, you know when Present mic was speaking? Yeah, you were the guy with the funny cap and hip-hop look for a second. I sat near you, so y'know! You were kinda funny there. She stepped back and imitated Ryutaros' pose and said, "Yeah, yeah, yeah!!" I nervously chuckled at that. "But you're not like that now! And how'd you change so quickly!?"

I gulped at that question and my eyes darted around for a way out, before my phone started ringing. I let out a sigh of relief. "Uh, excuse me for a moment!" I said, turning away and picking up.

"Ryotaro, when are you getting back? My hands are nearly full with how many customers there are today!"

"AH!! Sorry nee-san!! I'll be there soon, I got stuck in a tree again."

There was a soft sigh from the other side of phone, not one of delight, nor disappointment.

"That's alright ototo-san, but be back soon! Please..."