Play The Kiss [TaeJun]

|[ 2071 words ]|

It was quiet on the stage, no mumbling was heard from the audience seats

It was quiet on the stage, no mumbling was heard from the audience seats. The stage was empty, no props were seen, the actors had to act out their scenes without them. It was a little difficult for Taehyun to imagine the perfect picture as to where their roles were at the moment. 

The script described a bridge on top of a highway and both their roles should watch the empty road underneath them. But Taehyun couldn't imagine a highway or a bridge. He also couldn't imagine Yeonjun being another person as he is. 

Yeonjun was his co-actor. Actually Taehyun was Yeonjun's co-actor. He first auditioned for the main role but the head of the literature club thought Taehyun would fit better into the role of Lee Jeong-Hun, the second main role who eventually dies at the end. It was one thing to play the main role but another if you have to act like you are having internal bleeding after getting shot in the stomach. 

Having to play a character he can't understand one bit is more difficult than imagining Yeonjun to play a full on asshole on stage. Taehyun would have rather cussed the shit out of Yeonjun than lay on the dirty floor of the stage and die while the fake blood stained his clothes and dirtied his hair.

On the script it was written that they both should lean on the railing of the bridge but because there was none, Yeonjun and Taehyun just stood there awkwardly. He imagined them resting their arms on the railing of a bridge.

"Jeonghun." Yeonjun whispered but loud enough for the non existing audience to hear. Taehyun hummed in response.

"If I tell you something crazy..." Yeonjun looked over to him with a blank face. Taehyun's role couldn't identify it's meaning.

"Would you either say 'yes' or jump down from this bridge?"

"Then it would be good to know what my answer would imply." Taehyun answered in the same whispery, loud voice as Yeonjun. His gaze still staring down the imaginable highway underneath them.

"'Yes' means 'Yes, I do.' and jumping down the bridge means 'Yes, I do but I'm too scared to admit.'." Taehyun let out a quiet chuckle and lowered his head in amusement. Yeonjun had to restrict himself from smiling.

"Okay. Then what is the question?" Taehyun raised his head again and looked at Yeonjun with an amused grin on his face. Instead of Yeonjun only resting one arm on the railing while turning his whole body towards Taehyun, he only turned his body to him and put his hands into his pockets. The corner of his lips slightly going upwards on purpose. 

"You love me." Yeonjun said without hesitation and for a second Taehyun thought the question came from Yeonjun and not from the role he was playing.

"That's not a question." Taehyun only stated through his smile that went bigger and bigger with every sentence.

"Do you love me, Lee Jeonghun?" Yeonjun's voice was clear and full of confidence, just as it was written in the script.

Taehyun looked at him for seconds that felt like hours, his gaze not changing any bit, before he climbed on the railing and pretended to jump down the bridge. Yeonjun let out a quick chuckle before he grabbed Taehyun's arm and pulled him down the railing.