God, she hoped that the ride remained silent and then she gets dropped off, the date goes well and she can forget about what happened earlier with this stupid crush-

"So is this a new person or the guy from last week?" Viktor asked, their eyes still on the road. Emily's brain function almost stopped because of the question, maybe she realized how calm and smooth Viktor's voice sounded.

"Uh i-it's a new person," Emily shyly responded. She would have given them a snarky or "none of your business" response, but she just couldn't.

"Oh, it didn't work out with the other guy?" They questioned, still looking at the road ahead of them. 

"No, he just wasn't my type or what I wanted, you know?"

"What do you want?" Emily looked over to see Viktor looking at her waiting for a response. This almost made her heart skip a beat.

"I- well, I don't know really, I just kind of want that-"

"Fairytale ending?" Viktor interrupted

"Yeah, Icarus is the same, she doesn't have a type or want she wants and she just wants a happily ever after, but the difference between you two is that she isn't as hell-bent as you."

"What does that supposed to mean?" Emily perked up, stilling more straight in her seat with her snarky confidence came back to her ready to pick a fight with Viktor.

"Oh I didn't mean It in a rude way, well slightly I did, but you are very focused on finding it now than finding it later, you want it now and as a result, you are breaking hearts and wasting yours and the other person's time, it has to be boring by now right?" They asked.

Well, they weren't wrong and Emily knew that. She was looking for it now and it was getting boring, but she was too prideful to admit to it. So in return, she rolled her eyes.

"What do you know about love?" She scoffed looking out the window with a snarky look on her face.

"A lot actually because unlike you I had a relationship that lasted longer than a week," They said looking bad on the road. Emily whipped her face around looking insulted by what they just said.

"You know I didn't ask for a ride where I'm getting questioned and INSULTED about my love life," Emily huffed as she glared at the driver in front of her. 

"Sorry," They mumbled.

"You should be," She said, turning her back to the window and staring out of it. The silence returned.

Maybe a few minutes must have passed until Emily looked over at Viktor and asked "how many people have you been with?" 

Viktor was a little shocked by the question, not because of the contents within the question itself, but because no one has really asked them that. 

"Well, I have only been with 3 people."

"How long did they last?"

"Eh, like a year each at least, my longest and last relationship was 2 and half years," They finished. Emily's eyes widened with curiosity. 

"Why did you guys break up?" Emily tilted her head, but then realized how intrusive the question was. 

"Y-You don't have to me and I was just curious and-"

"No it's fine, me and her broke up because we had two different futures, she wanted to stay in our little hometown and I wanted to leave, we broke off on good terms," Viktor said as they stopped at the red light.

"Why did you want to leave?"

"Because Moonmere offers a better medical school than any other area in my state."

"Medical school?"

"Yeah I want to be a surgeon," They said bluntly looking at Emily once more acting like it was a known fact, well it was, but Emily never paid attention enough to know that. 

"Oh, that's neat!" Emily smiled up at Viktor, and they smiled back at her, she could feel the redness return again. She liked the way they smiled at her.

"Never knew you could smile?" Emily teased Viktor. Viktor's eyes widened and a small tint appeared on their face. And they quickly looked away from embarrassment. She giggled.

"Oh, Viktor," Emily giggled out as she continued to smile. 

"Don't patronize me," They said, looking at the road, huffing a little. This just caused Emily to start laughing until she snorted. Which caused Viktor to look over at her and that made her stop, they looked at each other for a moment until they both started to laugh. 

They both laughed until the car came to a complete stop.

"We are here," Viktor said, returning to their original posture and tone of voice, but this time slightly saddened. 

"Oh," Emily responded, looking out the window and seeing the restaurant outside, she frowned a little. 

Viktor heard the door open and waited for Emily to leave. Until they felt a pair of lips kiss their cheek. Redness engulfed their cheeks, they glanced over to see the perpetrator, it was Emily.

"Thank you for the ride, Vik," Emily said in a certain tone that made even Viktor have butterflies in their stomach. All they could do was watch her leave the car and right before she shut the door, she smiled at them so sweetly it made Viktor's heart melt.

"I'll see you later Viktor," Emily said as she shut the door and walked away. Viktor was speechless, but they tried to shake it off the best they could and started to car and headed back home.

Emily watched as Viktor's van left. She headed towards the restaurant door and smiled one last time.

She finally found what she wanted.