The evacuee (my homework assignment)

Today, I have to go to the train station. my mother says its not safe here anymore so i have to leave London and go to the countryside to live with strangers until the war is over. I didn't realise how much i would be leaving behind until we were packing my suitcase last night. my mother made sure i had the essentials such as clean clothing, handkerchieves and a bar of soap. i also have to take my gas mask but i have to keep that with me all the time incase the air rid sirens go off at any point.

as i was standing on the platform waiting for my train to arrive, i noticed lots of other children having to say goodbye to their parents. as the train arrived i suddenly felt very nervous and wanted to stay with my mother. she said it was for the best but I didnt think so. as I got on the train the tears in my eyes built up and and started flooding down my cheeks. I felt a jerk as the train started to move and i waved goodbye threw the small dirty window by my seat. As the trains pulled away from the platform i noticed my mother with a handkerchief to her face wiping away her tears.

As I continued on my long journey there was a young girl who was very upset.

"Hello. Is it okay if I sit here? There's no room in the other compartments." The tearful girl sobbed.

"yes of course you can. are you okay?" I said

"yes i just really miss my parents."

As me and my new friend got of the train the warden came to collect us. she was very tall and scary, wearing a dark uniform matching the colour of her long curly hair. she lead us out of the station and took us to our new homes me and my new friend thankfully got placed in the same home. we were cared for by a lovely lady named mrs turnbull who made us homemade tasty food everynight. me and my friend shared a room that had two single beds in the middle of the room. there are also more cobwebs in the house than i am used to but I'm sure i will get used to it over time.