Çhåþ†êr 14 - Outside The Walls

.
----
.
-----
.
-----
.
-------------------------------------------
.
-----
.
----
.
----
.
-----------------------------------------------
.
----
.
----
.
----
.
------------------------------------------------------------

First Person POV:

"After much inspection over your foot, I believe it would be best to remove it entirely."

The doctor spoke, his voice monotone and filled with an unknown emotion as his grey eyes bored into my soul like how a criminal would stare at the judge once they have been convicted. I could only describe his gaze as hatred, sorrow, and a tinge of disgust as he stared at me, his hands clenched at his sides as a single bead of sweat ran down the side of his face.

I blinked, and those around me, mainly Hange, gasped. "...huh..?" I mumbled out, confused and shocked at the man's statement.

Small strands of his brown hair glowed blonde in the sun's bright beams that charged into the room and rummaged through the walls, grasping on anything it could as the gentle breeze from the slightly opened window blew the white curtains delicately, swaying them to the rhythm of the birds morning chimes.

The hospital bed I lay on was accompanied by uncomfortable and creased white sheets as the bed creaked with every movement I made. My tired and dull eyes stared up at the man emotionlessly, while my mouth parted in shock at his words.

The doctor nodded, lifting a sheet of paper with shaking hands up to his face to read. "Yes. It will prevent infection and will be less of an inconvenience to not only you, but to other doctors who take care of you as well." He concluded, his glasses clouding his eyes as they glistened in the light.

My mouth parted and I looked down, a shadow cast over my eyes. "...I see..." My bandaged hands fiddled with my own fingers nervously as I inhaled deeply before I pursed my lips.

Hange stood up, pushing the chair back, and standing to their full height. All eyes turned to them as they gritted their teeth. "Don't go guilt-tripping her into doing something she doesn't want! As a doctor, you shouldn't be saying that stuff!" They exclaimed, outraged at the man's proposal.

Levi, who sat on a chair next to my bed, looked up at the scientist and glared. "That's enough Hange."

Hange slammed her clenched fist down onto a nearby table, creating a loud thud to echo through the room. "But this isn't right! She should get to decide by herself without any guilt resting on her shoulders, should she not?!" They cried, gritting their teeth in rage and glaring at the ravenette, who scoffed in return.

I kept my head down, my lips trembling before I gritted my teeth and clenched the sheets that rested over my body. My hands shook and the shadow was still cast over my eyes. "I agree with Hange. Though it would help if the both of you would stop your bickering." Erwin spoke up, turning his gaze towards the both of them as he sat at the end of my bed.

My shoulders began to shake and my emotions were as delicate as glass, one more poke at my heart, and they would shatter. I kept silent, ducking my head lower and closing in on myself as Levi scoffed at Erwin's words.

Hange huffed before they sat back down, sliding down on their chair and crossing their arms. "Let (Y/N) decide, this is her choice after all..." Erwin continued as the doctor continued to glare at me, the small key that dangled from his neck glistening in the sun's rays.