Fuck.

"You good, Hayes?" Jamie asks while throwing the baseball to my glove. "Yep. Just tired." I shrug, looking at the baseball and throwing it back. "Don't get too tired on us now. We still got a whole game." he jokes and walks up to me. "I won't be at the party, Stephanie wants to come over." he winks, patting my back. My eyes widen "You and Steph!" I exclaim, a smile forming on my face. "Didnt you have a crush on her for the longest time?" I ask and he nods almost immediately.

"Bring it in boys!" Coach yells from the dugout. He gives us his usual motivational speech, the same one from my freshman year. The whole 'you got this' and the 'were better than them' shit.

Here comes the first game of the season, against our rivals. Western High School. I'm not worried, I'm a D1 committed pitcher who throws easily 90. This should be a good game.

"Batter up!" The umpire yells and number thirteen on the opposite team walks up to the box. Jamie, our catcher, gives me the slider sign. No. Thirteen can spot sliders. Knuckleball. Strike!"

・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。.・゜✭・.・・。. •

We won! 17-4. I just cannot wait to go home, party, and have some alone time with Amanda. "Hey son." a deep voice slurs from behind me and I freeze. Slowly, I turn around to see my dad holding a beer bottle in his right hand. My eyes widen, "Dad? Why are you here?" I grumble, he walks closer to me and I step back. "What! I can't see my son play baseball?" he shouts angrily, whipping his arms up in the air. "Not when you're drunk." I remark. I probably shouldn't have said that. "I'm going to pretend you didn't say that. C'mon, let's go get some food." he sneers, placing the bottle on the hood of my truck. "I'm good."

"Fuck you, kid." he yells walking away.

My mom and dad have been divorced for almost two years now. Dad was abusive to me and her, especially when I was younger. He never wanted to have a relationship with me until now. But now, I want nothing to do with him.

I throw my bags in the truck and go sit in the passenger seat. "I need a drink" I mumble. Usually, I don't drink. Well no, I don't drink. I stopped my sophomore year when I almost got kicked off the team. Never did I think I was going to drink again. I raced home to see hella people already at my house. I'm assuming Lily, my little sister let them in.

"Grayson! Its good to see you man!" someone comes up and pats my back. Jesus christ he smells like straight booze. I give him a weak smile and begin to walk to the kitchen, when I see that short little blonde girl clearly drunk and uncomfortable. "Let go of me!" she whimpers as he grabs her face. "we're going upstairs." he snarls, gripping onto her waist. What the hell.

"Get the fuck off of her."

I push him back and get in between the two of them. Glancing back at Paisley, I see her glossy blue eyes and red face. She wraps her arms around her chest and looks down to the floor. "That is not how you treat a lady, Archer." I growl, looking down at him. He chuckles "You're one to fucking talk, Grayson! You treat girls like shit!" his voice booms through the air. Echoing in loud room.

The entire room goes silent. I take one swing to his face that is now bloody. "Get the fuck out of my house" I shout and he goes running out. All eyes are on me.

I turn around to see Paisley, doe eyed. "Follow me." I whisper, placing my hand out for her to grab. She hesitates, but then places her small hand in mine. I walk her upstairs to my room and open my dresser to give her clothes to change into. "You're going to stay here tonight, okay?" I say, crouching down to get to her eye level.

She nods and wraps her arms around my waist, quietly sobbing. "This wouldnt have happened if Makayla was still here." she mumbled into my jersey.  I frowned, placing my hand on her head. "Go to sleep. I'll get you some water and I'll let your brother know you're here." I whispered and her head whips up to look at me.

"Please don't tell him." she urgently says and I nod, giving a small smile. Quickly, she pushes me back probably realizing she's hugging me and goes to the bathroom and changes. She walks out in a black oversized shirt and shorts that are way too big for her. She giggles when she looks at me and I can't help but smile. Paisley takes a long yawn when she crashes on my bed. She's not going to remember a single thing. I lock the door from the inside before walking out of the room to the bunch of people downstairs.

I spot Amanda, she was already eyeing me up and down. I'm not in the mood for her shit right now. Amanda struts over to me, grabbing onto my bicep. "Hey there, tiger." she practically moans in my ear, I glance over to her caked face. "I'm not the mood, Amanda. Maybe another night." I groan, rolling my eyes. Her eyebrows furrow and she pushes me away.

"It's because of that blonde bitch, isn't it?" she scoffed staring me in my eyes. "Is that why you kicked Archer out? Because of her!"

I didn't answer, instead I went to the kitchen to get water. Amanda followed after me. What a leech. "Amanda just get out of my face!" I raise my voice when I felt a sting on my face. Did she just slap me?

The music is so loud I can barely hear myself think. I sat on the counter staring at the floor waiting for everyone to leave. "Where's Paisley!" a girl frantically shouts at Makayla, as she shrugs. My head whips over to the darked skinned girl  in the living room. I'm assuming that's Kenyia. "Upstairs, sleeping. Her brother knows she's here." I respond, feeling her glare into the back of my head as I continue to look at the floor. I heard her heels clicking against the hardwood floor when her face looks at mine.

"If you did anything to her, I will have your head on a stick. You hear me Hayes?" Kenyia threatened, pointing her finger at my face. I give her an unamused look. "I can go get her if you want. I'm not going to babysit a drunk girl." I spat as I'm narrowing my eyes at her. Her face softens slightly, "Fuck that. I'm not dealing with her bullshit right now, such a fucking bore. I can't bring her anywhere." Makayla muttered and walks out the front door. A bore?

Everyone left around 2 in the morning. I didn't drink like I wanted to. Instead of going upstairs, obviously I crashed on the couch. I didn't want to wake up Paisley, nor could I.

Jamie is going to kill me.

•・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。..・。・゜✭・.・・。. •

Better run now before the Jamester gets to ya

Follow Tropic2nawrites on twitter for more updates!

Word count: 1717