❦Chapter 5❦

Melissa POV:1880
I walk into my 'daughters' room. Daniel mysteriously disappeared about five years ago.It was better this way.She was wearing a gorgeous purple gown that I got her.Today is her 16th birthday.

"You look beautiful Angelica."I tell her.

"Thank you."She smiles.

Over the past year or so I've grown to like her.And last year I told her about what I am. So after Im party I am going to turn her.But I made sure this is what she wanted.And it was.

"I have a gift for you."I say with a smile on my face.

"I thought I told you that I didn't want you to buy me anything."She states.

"And I didn't.This has been in my family for a very long time."I tell her and take out a locket."It has been passed down many generations."

"Wow.Its beautiful."She breathes.

"Which is why it belongs on someone beautiful."I say and she smiles.I put the locket around her neck."And some say it has magical properties."

"Right."She rolls her eyes.She puts an arm through mine."Come on,we have a party to attend to."

We walk down to the ballroom.Right after her father disappeared I got us a better suited home in a new village. The entire village was here.And to everyone else we were sisters.It was the only way for people not to be suspicious.We walk by the drinks and take a glass.

"Happy birthday."I smile.

"Thank you."She states and we clink glasses.We take a sip of our drinks when two young men walk over to us.

"Would you ladies care to dance?"One of them asks.

"Of course."I say and we walk out to the dance floor.

We begin to dance.It was a modern waltz.After a couple dances I go to the bathroom to clean up.I begin to fix my hair when I feel a presence behind me. I turn to see the boy was dancing with.

"Oh,you frightened me."I fake gasp.He takes out a syringe.Vervain."My,my. You sure are prepared.But not for me."

I shove him against the wall and he falls unconscious.It wasn't enough to kill him.But enough to knock him out.I open the door and see one of my many maids.

"Take this boy to my special area in the basement."I compel her.

She nods and drags the boy away.I go back to the party to look for Angelica.I see laughing with the boy she was dancing with.

"Excuse me,but can I talk to you two privately?"I ask.

"Of course."Angelica nods.She knew that it is important through the urgency in my voice.I take them down to where the boy was.

"Zachary."Angelicas boy says running over to my boy.He looks at me."What did you do to him?"

"I didn't do anything.This is about what he was going to do to me."I tell him."Do you happen to know about vampires?"

"Vampires?"He questions."You're crazy. Vampires are not real."

"So I'm guessing you don't take vervain then."I state.And before he can say or do anything else,I go down to his level and begin to compel him. "Grab that pocket knife and cut his wrists."

He unwillingly grabs the pocket knife and walks back towards his friend. Shakily he brings the knife towards his wrists and cuts them.He immediately drops the knife.

"What did I just do?"He mutters to himself.

"Don't worry.You couldn't do anything about it."I reassure him.

I go to my unconscious boy and take a sip of his blood.It was clean.No vervain. That idiot.He doesn't take vervain.Well.. at least I can have some fun with it. Before he bleeds to death I grab his wrist and drain his blood.I pull back and look back at Angelica's boy.He was shaking out of fear.

"Calm down and sit still."I compel him.I go back to Angelica."Are you sure you're ready?"

"Yes."She says with a straight face.I bite my wrist and she drinks my blood. I then snap her neck.Looks like we have another vampire.