"Is that a copy of Lady Whistledown?" Penelope asked as she came to stand slightly behind Eloise.

"It is."

"I thought we were done with her."

"Do not discourage her, Penelope." Violet chimed in, interrupting the two girls. "If she has taken an interest in Lady Whistledown again, perhaps she's interested in what she has to say about the season's available gentlemen too." Alina held in yet another sigh Violet once again brought up Eloise finding a suitor. She was growing tired of the constant arguing that the mother and daughter seemed to have with this topic of discussion and honestly, Alina was Eloise's side.

"I cannot think of any cleverer way to say this, but no." Eloise turned back around to face her friend as she continued. "Her latest is not exactly the philosophical treatise on the rights of the fairer sex I was hoping for but–"

"I do not think Lady Whistledown has changed her style of writing since her last issue." Penelope interrupted. Alina tuned out the rest of their conversation about the writer, not finding any of it that interesting until Penelope shouted out a name that had been missing from their lives for almost a year. "Colin!" Alina's eyes snapped up to see the young man still in his coat standing just inside of the room.

"Glad to see things have not changed. Violet who had been standing beside a focused Benedict turned at the sound of his voice. "Could you set aside the latest family squabble and embrace me?" Colin teased. Eloise quickly stepped forward and hugged her brother and Alina rose from the ground and picked up Edmund before making her way over to the reuniting family.

"I did not expect you to return so soon, dearest." Violet said as she wrapped her arms around her son tightly.

"Well, I missed you all. What can I say?" Replied Colin. Once Benedict hugged his brother Alina made her way forward.

"Welcome home, Colin." She greeted with a warm hug. Edmund grinned seeing everyone excited but stared at Colin with interest. "Did you eat a peach on your way in? You left some fuzz on your face." Alina teased with a grin. Colin laughed softly at her remark of the small amount of hair he had allowed to grow. Colin toward Penelope and Alina couldn't help the thought of those two together and just how cute of a couple they would make. Hyacinth and Gregory ran toward Colin, truly happy to have him home at last. As the last of the younger siblings welcomed Colin, Alina couldn't help but watch Penelope move slightly back from the growing circle.

"This strange fuzzy growth on your chin is some kind of disease." Benedict teased, earning him a small pat on the arm from Violet.

"And you seem to have taken to the sun too. How peculiar." Francesca added with her own smile.

"I think he looks distinguished." Penelope said softly, her gaze set on Colin as if he had hung the moon and stars himself, however no one besides Alina seemed to have heard the admittance.

"I'm now two inches taller than Gregory."

"You are not."

"And where, may I ask, is our intrepid viscount?" Anthony asked, looking around the room not being able to spot his eldest brother.

"He is–" Alina began, however as if on cue her husband sped through the door with Javier right behind him. "Back from his mysterious meeting."

"Colin! You are returned. Even better." Anthony greeted simply and patted him on the arm before moving and placing a kiss on her cheek and taking Edmund from her arms. "Family, I should like you all to ready yourselves for the races today." He announced as Javier greeted Colin. "We will be attending, united as one as little Edmund goes on his first outing of the season." Alina frowned and stared between her brother and husband. It wasn't long before everyone dispersed to get ready and Alina quickly followed Anthony and Javier into the study.