Chapter 7: Hontho pe uska naam aa hi gaya

Ever since Vivek, the senior, had troubled Anupama, Anuj and his friends were the guys who would beat up the boys who troubled girls especially Anupama. As time went by, Anuj was known to pick up his hockey stick to stand up against the bad boys.

One such day, for a competition, boys from another college had come. The competition had finished and the results were out yet the boys were roaming around in the college. They had teased a few girls and passed comments on them. After the college was over, Anuj and a few more boys from his college met up with the other students from the other college. They all engaged into a fight. The end result was that all the boys involved didn't go to their respective colleges for 2 days straight.
_____________________________________________

Anuj used to get scolded by his parents upon coming home wounded but everytime he used to tell them the situation that led to his condition, his parents would only ask him to control his anger as they knew Anuj very well, he wouldn't listen to them about this topic.

Every now and then, the parents would have a chat with Anuj about Anupama and would try and encourage him to talk to her. But everytime Anuj would deny and say that he isn't ready yet, but he will try soon.
_____________________________________________

On the other hand, Bhavesh had got a new set of magnets as a gift from his friend. He had totally given the other magnet to Anupama to play with. Bhavesh had taken the magnet to his college for 1 week and after that, someone had stolen the magnet from his bag and upon searching for his magnet amongst people, he was unable to identify his magnet. He returned home sad. He saw that Anupama was taking out the magnet from her bag to play with it and quickly went and took the magnet from her.

Anupama: Arre yeh kya?! Bhai, aise na karo ne..mujhe khelna hai abhi!

Bhavesh: Anu, meri baat sun behena! Mera magnet abhi abhi khoya hai, mai nahi chahta hi yeh wala bhi kho jaye! Isiliye mai abhi ise apne paas rakhunga hu?

Anupama: Par!

Bhavesh: kuch nahi! Nahi toh ma ko bol dunga ki tum padne ke jagah kehlne ki baat kar rahi ho, ha?!

Anupama: Nahi! Mai jaati hu..par aap he ne, mujhe yeh wapis kar dena!

Bhavesh: de diya karunga beech beech me!

Anupama: Ha, phir toh theek che!

Anupama took her books and went off to study. Bhavesh quickly made a mark on his magnets so that he can identify them.

On the other hand, Anupama opened her bag and saw an unidentified notebook between her notebooks.

Anupama: Devika ka hoga! Woh waise bhi meri bag me woh dal hi rahi thi jaldi jaldi me! Yeh chokri bhi na!

Anupama took out her notebook so that she can compare her notes. When she opened she found out that the copy was not Devika's. She started to wonder who's it could be. She turned a few pages and saw that there were many notes written for the lectures. She closes the notebook and saw that the name was written on top of the index page.

Anupama: Lo! Yeh rahe aap naam maharaj! Maine aapko kaha kaha nahi dhoondha ne! Chalo, ab dekh lete hai kis ki copy hai mere paas..

She looked at the index page and read the name of the owner of the copy.

Anupama: Anuj..Kapadia..yeh kaun hai?

She closed the copy with a little confusion, she wasn't even sure if he was in her class or not! She quickly kept the notebook inside her bag and started to study. While studying, she noticed that she had not written her notes for an entire topic. She informed her mother and went to Devika's house for help.
_____________________________________________

On the other hand, Devika was hoping and wishing that Anupama saw Anuj's notebook in her bag. She had purposefully kept it there so that she gets a chance to talk about Anuj to Anupama. When she saw Anupama at her house, she knew it that Anupama had seen Anuj's notebook!

Devika: Anu! Tu? Yaha? Abhi? Kya baat hai? Sab theek toh hai na?

Anupama: Devika woh pichle week ke notes hai tere paas? Woh kya hai ne, mai college me competition ki tayari me thi ne, toh mere paas likha nahi hai notes saare..

Devika: Anu tere bag me maine shayad ek copy rakh di hai, tu usse padh le, woh tha uss time pe class me.

Anupama: Par Devika, aise hi thodi kisi ka bhi copy utha kar padh lena chahiye! Pehele poochna chahiye ne!

Devika: Anu! Anu! Anu! Meri pyari Anu! Mai uss se pooch ke hi lai hu yeh copy usski! Padhne ke liye manga hai, tu padh ki mai padhu usme kya hai? Hum uske copy ka aeroplane thodi banake udha rahe hai jo tu itna chinta kar rahi hai!

Anupama: Theek hai Devika..par tere paas..

Devika: Nahi hai..nahi hai meri maa! Mere paas bhi notes nahi hai! Ja air padh le uske copy se!

Anupama: Theek che! Kal college me lagta dungi copy..

Devika: no problem!

Anupama left her house and Devika pumped her fist in the air to celebrate.

Devika: At last! Mera plan kaam kiya! Atleast at Anu ko pata toh chalega ki humare class me ek handsome hunk hai Anuj Kapadia ke naam ka! Ab bas inn dono ko milane ke baare me soochna hai! Well atleast Anu ab Anuj ke notebook se padhegi!! Uff! Anuj ka pagal pyar aur Anu ka ignorance to the fact ki Anuj uss par marta hai! Kya dost hai mere! Chal Devika, tujhe thodi aur koshish karni hi chahiye! Par abhi chal ke padhai kar!

Devika went to her room. She knew that she needs to plan a meeting between Anu and Anuj. She had to do something to build Anuj's confidence enough so that he talks to Anupama directly.
_____________________________________________

Anupama went home and opened Anuj's notebook. His handwriting was very beautiful considering that he's a boy. She started reading from his notebook and realised how wonderful notes he had written. After her studies were over she kept his notebook in her bag safely.

Next day morning, she came to class and caught Devika.

Anupama: Devika, yeh le..yeh notebook ab ya toh tu wapis kar dena ya phir rakh le par jo bhi karna hai ne, tum isse apne paas lene ke baad karna!

Devika looked at Anupama. Devika being Devika, she tried her best to get Anuj and Anupama together.

Devika: Anu, mujhe na abhi ke abhi senior ne bulaya hai..woh committee ke kaam se..tu kya kar, tu hi dede Anuj ko uski copy! Please ha! Thank you Anu!!

Saying this she ran away from there. She didn't want to hear Anupama's reply. Anupama looked at Devika who had just ran away from her. She looked down at the notebook.

Anupama: Kanha ji, mai toh jaanti tak nahi hu ye Anuj Kapadia hai kaun..ab kaha dhoondhu..yeh wapis unhe dena bhi toh kitna zaruri hai, padhai bhi toh karni hogi unhe apne copy se..kaha dhoondhu..kaun hai, kaisa dikhta hai, Kanha ji meri madad kar chu na..