Chapter Eleven

You walked into the living room area and plopped down on the couch next to Eddie. He was smoking a new blunt and listening to some music. You curled your legs under your butt and leaned into him, closing your eyes.

After a deep drag, he laid his head on top of your own "Tired?" 

"Not yet." You respond. 

After a short amount of time, your raised your head from its place on his shoulder and plunked the blunt from his hand.

"Hey!" He resisted.

 "Sharing is caring, Ed." You say as you take a slightly less deep inhale than from earlier. You keep the smoke in for a little before blowing it out and coughing slightly. 

You knew smoking wouldn't become a habit for you, but you were still a little stressed from your transformation. 

He takes it back "Y'know, this one's stronger than the one from earlier." 

"I think I can handle it." You say simply.

 As the night dragged on, the two of you talked about everything and nothing, occasionally sharing the blunt until it was gone. 

You learn that his parents disowned him after he failed senior year the second time. 

"What?" 

He seems unfazed by the fact "Yeah, they said something about me being a "Disappointment" so they told me to pack my things." 

He looks at you "So I left and came here." 

Tears welled in your eyes "Ed, I'm so sorry." 

He chuckles but it's laced with bitter contempt "It's ok, it was a while ago." He thinks for a bit "Did you never wonder why I don't live with my parents." 

You respond "I never really thought about it." 

You cuddle closer to him and he swings an arm around you, squeezing you closer. Even though he acts tough, you can tell that he misses them. 

Later in the night, he learns that your parents are divorced. 

"Are you upset about it?" He asks 

"Not really. It's actually kind of funny why they split." 

"Why did they?" 

"3 Guesses." You say, a glimmer in your eye. 

When they decided to split, it wasn't exactly traumatizing or anything. To you and your siblings, it made a lot of sense. Mom was never home, but not in a neglectful way, she always always made time for you and your siblings. She's been to every football game, swim meet, and piano recital and often tells you all how much she loves you. 

"I couldn't even begin to know." He says playfully.

"Ok, I'll give you a pass this time because it truly is bizarre." 

"I'm on the edge of my seat." 

You pull away from him and sit on your knees so you can look at him properly. 

Then, you begin the riveting tale of Why Y/N's Parents Broke Up.

"Ok, so. Dad got Mom pregnant when she was still in college, She was probably a little older than you." You poke his arm. 

"And when I was born, they had a shotgun wedding. I was the flower girl." You say proudly "Then, they had my brother and sister, twins. Years and years later, sophomore year I think, they sit me down in the kitchen and ask me if I know what a "Marital Beard" is-" 

Eddie interrupts you "No!" 

"Yes!" You continue "It turns out, they're both gay! They figured it'd be better if they raised a family together than face scrutiny from all their friends. So, now they still live together but Mom's girlfriend also lives with us. The twins share a room now so Mom and Dad get their own rooms." 

You let out a breath after finishing your long-winded story. You really loved the tale of your parents but obviously, you couldn't tell many people. Just Steve, Robin, and now, Eddie.

He just stares at you, shocked. "Y/N... What the actual fuck?" 

You panic, thinking he's not as open to these things as you had previously thought. 

"You can't tell anyone!" 

He sits up more "Of course not! I just can't believe how cool your parents are." 

You make a fake gag sound "Don't, they're not cool at all. Dad's a banker, Mom's a teacher. Basic as hell." 

You both burst out laughing, the fact that you were both high out of your gourds probably made everything funnier than it actually was, but right now, that was the funniest interaction you'd ever had.

After both of you are done laughing so hard you're crying, Eddie rests his head in your lap. You waste no time and immediately start playing with his hair, humming to yourself softly.

After a while, he says out of know where "I used to have a boyfriend." 

You pause "What?" 

Your mind flashes to all of the romantic moments the two of you have shared, and how touchy-feely he is. You were debating if he felt anything for you other than friendship, but those hopes were quickly stomped and drilled into the dirt. 

"Yeah." He says, lackadaisically "His name was Richard Waterson. He was probably the first person I ever loved." 

You repeat yourself "What?"

He continues his story "We met freshman year and immediately were like two peas in a pod." He plays with a piece of his own hair, not really looking at you "I was really different back then." 

You could tell he was thinking of his parents; And, in true Eddie fashion, how short his hair used to be.

You ask the question you dread the most right now "Ed, are you gay?" 

He quickly sits up to face you and cups your face "No, I promise on my title as your fake boyfriend, I'm not gay." 

"But you had a boyfriend?" 

He moves his hands to your hips and pulls you into his lap, you let out a small surprised squeal. "It's called bisexual." He explained, pushing some hair out of your eyes "It just means I like girls and boys." 

You look down, playing with a piece of his shirt collar "So, you definitely like, like girls?" 

"Definitely." He says. 

You believe him. For as long as you've known him, Eddie hasn't lied to you or hurt you once.

"Ok." 

Good You think, but only to yourself. 

After some silence filled only with the scratch of his shirt in your hands, He picks you up again so your legs are wrapped around his waist "OK! let's get you to bed." 

You laugh and tuck your face in the crook of his neck, blushing slightly. And, you can feel his skin heat up, as well as he carries you to his bedroom.