I Missed You More

(Brendon's POV)

The bright Los Angeles sun was beating down on me, heating my clothes in delight. It shined bright in my eyes causing me to squint in discomfort. There I rode my skateboard down the sidewalks, avoiding the many pedestrians as I ride by. This time of year, many families are out on vacation, traveling to exotic places, but that's my job. My vacation is what normal people do all of the time. I spend my vacations relaxing in the warm California sun, messing around with my dogs, and spending countless hours with my wife, cuddling, watching movies, we love to hang out with each other. But, I've noticed a change. She doesn't like to be at home anymore, and the spark when I finally arrive back home from a tour, is just gone. It's becoming boring, and I feel like I don't give her all of the love she deserves. I wish I could be there with her, but my job always interferes.

She's going to be with Breezy and the kids at Disney Land, while Dallon and I meet up, to reconnect. It's been a while since we've had a face to face conversation. We texted maybe once or twice a week, and even when we did, they we're simple, just the normal questions like: "How was your day?" Or "What's new?" We never really got in depth answers from each other. Maybe this will be our chance to get to know a little more about each other. We never really spend too much time together outside of work. The only times we are ever really alone together (hehe) is when we're on tour, or song writing. And even then, we never have much time to talk. We're either too busy, or we simply don't have any privacy. Kenneth can be pretty nosy at times, so it's hard to have a private conversation with anyone on the bus.

The long ride to Dallon's place gave me a lot of time to think. I didn't know what to expect when I walked through that door. Would I be greeted with open arms, or pushed aside. Dallon and I never got along to well. In the beginning, everything was swell, fooling around on stage, riling up the crowd. We always had so much fun, but recently, Dallon has been getting annoyed with us interacting on stage. He rolls his eyes every time I make a comment to him. He'll respond, so he won't look bad to the fans, but after the show I always hear it. He complains how he doesn't like it, and he would prefer we just played our music and that be it. I don't know what his deal is, all I know is it's becoming an issue.

I arrived to his home, where I trotted up to the porch, rested my skateboard up against the side if the house, and knocked. Dallon answered the door with an indescribable facial expression. I didn't know what that smirk meant, he was always good at keeping a mystery. I leant in for a hug, when he reached out his hand, signaling a handshake. This wasn't a good sign, something is wrong. I grabbed his hand and shook it slightly. He immediately pulled away, as If he thought I had a disease and he thought he may be contaminated. He walked towards the couch and signaled me to follow. There on the coffee table lied two Dr. Peppers and a bowl of Popcorn. He flopped onto the couch and turned on the TV. I hesitated, but finally sat down next to him and opened my can of soda. Dallon was silent. He just blankly stared at the TV with no emotion. I decided to just ignore him and watch the show. It was Doctor Who, Dallon's favorite show. I never really got into it, so I wasn't really enjoying myself. I noticed out of the corner of my eye Dallon glance over at me. He then began to scoot slightly further and further away from me. I was so confused, but me always being the antagonist, scooted closer to him. I saw his eyes widen with every inch. I finally got close enough to where our bodies almost touched, when he jumped to his feet and trudged to the bathroom, hands in pockets and face to the floor. I watched as he walked away, hearing small sniffles escape. He was upset, but why. What did I do, sure I made him feel uncomfortable, but why was he so uncomfortable. We used to be so close why doesn't he talk anymore?

He came back with a pissed off look on his face. He was so mad at me, but what for? He just went from silent, to crying, to just plain pissed off. He stormed into the kitchen, where I followed. I needed to figure this out. He slammed the fridge door aggressively, holding of course a Dr. Pepper. I wanted to chuckle, but I knew I needed to be serious. He turned away from me. This angered me even more. I grabbed him by the shoulder and turned him around. "Dallon, what is your problem?" I said, unintentionally in an angry voice. He looked away. "Dallon what did I do? Why are you so mad at me?" I asked, this time my anger was intended. "No reason." he said back, his head now facing the floor. "Dallon, something is clearly up, you need to tell me." I said, this time calmer. "Brendon, I can't tell you." He choked out as his eyes darted towards me. I saw tears dripping from his cheeks. I rested my arm on his shoulder and rubbed it soothingly "Dallon, you can tell me anything. I need you to tell-" I was cut off my the two lips pressing up against mine. I got tense and backed away immediately. I quickly stormed out the door, not even looking back. I rushed out of the house and fled the neighborhood. As I rode away I could hear the sounds of him screaming at me from behind. "BRENDON IM SORRY!" He shouted as I left. I was so confused, I didn't know what to do.