England, 1792 ~ the wedding

England, 1792

     The Dame Emilia Swindle and the Noble Henry Montgomery were to be wed. There was a celebration where everyone in town was invited. This celebration was in the honour of the bride and groom, which was carefully planned and arranged by their parents.

    On the eve of their wedding Emilia was remembering the time she was betrothed to Sir Alfred of Cantori. Her parents were once friends with the family of Sir Alfred and have promised to wed their daughter to their son in hopes to reunite the families. Sir Alfred’s parents were very nice people, but a bit too proud. Their son, however, was a daft boy, with very little to say at any occasion. He was very quiet and didn’t appear to have any hobbies. He did however have bright red hair and light brown eyes and his two front teeth slightly stood out. To say the least, he was not Emilia’s “prince charming”. Fate, thankfully, brought her good fortune and with that good fortune, fate also brought her an angel. Henry loved her, cared for her, made her laugh, and held her when she cried. Henry was her prince, and he was very charming.

     Henry was also remembering, about how he always wanted to be with Emilia, ever since he met her at the marketplace by the shore. They were both attending a friend’s wedding later that night. He remembered her yellow dress, and her chestnut hair blowing in the wind. Oh how he fell in love the moment he saw her!

     Now, waiting at the alter, Henry was awestruck as Emilia walked towards him in her beautiful flowing gown, her hair flowing down her back, her smile lighting up the room, oh... she was perfect and the gleam in their eyes was only to be envied of. They both were deeply in love and everyone near or far, knew it. 

Their wedding day was perfect,

but their perfection, would end quickly.