Kaori's already having second thoughts to whether she should talk or not. She just wants to get out of there as soon as possible.

"We're just asking how you met them and how you got involved. We're not asking directly about Bonten." the female cop elaborated while trying to remain calm.

If they could learn something about her lifestyle with Bonten then maybe she might spill something about them.

"Casino," Kaori gave in without looking up.

Jun crossed her arm and asked, "What's up with the casino?"

"I first saw them in the casino six months ago. I didn't realize they're Bonten until I interacted with them. They asked me to come to the VIP room." Kaori replied.

The two police officers exchanged glances. Making sure they're both hearing what she's saying.

"After that, I happened to stay in their building, entertaining them," Kaori added, raising her head this time.

The two are well aware of the type of entertainment she offered.

"I also became addicted to drugs afterward," Kaori confessed.

That explains the pills she took earlier. Maybe one of them offered her some, and she became addicted afterward. That's how she ended up stealing some more.

"Sometimes I insisted them to buy me luxurious clothes, and they happened to buy me a few by using their black cards." she grinned to herself, satisfied with the thought she had won simply by getting what she wanted.

The two police officers just continued listening to Kaori.

"Then there you go. That's the only thing I did in there. That's all I did in there. Sex, drugs, clothes, and money. Just what I wanted though,"

"But months later, they stopped paying attention to me and continued their work. They keep on doing their tasks. If I didn't show myself in front of them, they would've completely forgotten I was there" she added. "That's why I went to that club because I knew they would be busy again." 

The two cops remained silent. Waiting for her to say something else.

"That's it. Nothing else." Kaori broke their silence. Gaining from their stares that they wanted more information.

"That's it? That's all you've got?" Jun was taken aback that those were the only information Kaori knew.

"I already told you some of the details earlier, right? And I know you already reported it so there's no need to repeat myself."

But those are not enough. What they really want to know is the motives of Bonten.

Because of them, their comrade died.

"No, you're lying. You're still not telling us something" Jun argued. She's certain that Kaori is still keeping something.

Although the police did not have the full details about the leader of the criminal organization, they did know the name of the top boss of Bonten is Sano Manjiro, aka The Invincible Mikey.

"I told you, I've already spilled all I know." Kaori asserted.

Lies.

Based on her movements, she's nervous, avoiding eye contact, and fiddling her fingers.

Jun clenched her jaw. She pulled the collar of Kaori's shirt harshly. Making the woman in handcuffs startled by the sudden violence. Jun drew her face closer to hers.

"Kisaragi!" Yamada exclaimed in bewilderment. He was taken aback by Jun's actions.

Kaori's eyes widened in fear with the death stares the female police were giving her.

"THEN WHAT ABOUT THE EXPLOSIONS?!" Jun stormed, her voice echoing around the room.

"What-What explosions?!" Kaori worried, her brows furrowed in confusion.

"DAMN HELL YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" Jun roared, her hand still gripping Kaori's collar.

"N-No, I don't know what you're talking about," the shackled woman pleaded. "I swear, I don't have an idea."

"THE EXPLOSIONS! THE BUILDING! THE BOMBING HAPPENED FOUR MONTHS AGO! DON'T ACT DUMB!"

Jun would have punched her face immediately if only they're the ones in the room.

Kaori mentioned she met Bonten six months ago and she happened to stay there until now. The bombing incident occurred four months ago. Many people were killed by the explosion caused by Bonten. It's impossible to believe she's not aware of that phenomenon if she had stayed in their place.

"I'm sorry, but I really had no idea," Kaori emphasized. Still denying the fact that one time she heard the members plotting the bombing.

Jun was about to do something she would later regret, but her boss intervened her from hitting the handcuffed woman.

"That's enough!" Yamada yelled as he seized both Kaori's and Jun's hands and pulled them apart, forcing Jun to let go of Kaori. He turned his direction to the female officer. "I know you're frustrated right now, but enough is enough. She has her rights."

He didn't expect this behavior from one of his top officers.

"Go outside now. I'll handle this." Jun pressed her lips together as she balls her hands into fists. She immediately left the room as soon as her boss commanded her to.

The disappointed tone of her boss's voice struck her while going to an unoccupied restroom.

Once she entered one, she immediately locked the door. Tears are already streaming down her cheeks. She already felt an ache in her head as she attempts to fight back her tears.

She's frustrated with herself.

She feels like a burden.

She failed to perform her duty.

She's a disappointment as a friend.

She leaned against the door until she sat on the floor, her eyes welled up with more tears. She covered her mouth so no one could hear her sobbing even though she's the only one in there.

"I'm sorry..." she muttered to herself while mourning again her fallen friend.

"I'm sorry Naoto..."

𝐈𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐞𝐧𝐣𝐨𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫, 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐚 𝐯𝐨𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 :)