14. she got game

Micaiah
I sit on the bench to get a swig of water, wiping the sweat that trickles down my face. Ever since Jordan told me about those dudes from the rec, we have been training non-stop. It seems like that's the only thing on his mind and the main topic of every conversation we have. I think he's nervous and I would be too if I'm putting three thousand down on a game. In my opinion, it seems like he's too quick to hustle some money or place bets on games and it starting to make me wonder why did he get in trouble when he was at Michigan? I don't ask questions because I can tell it's somewhat of a sensitive topic for him, but I'm all ears whenever he's ready.

"Alright break time over", he blows his whistle.

"Jordan we've been working for two hours straight I think I deserve more than a thirty-second break", I roll my eyes.

He's been getting on my nerves all day and I'm on the verge of screaming at him. Jordan is treating this practice like he's my coach and not my teammate. We're in this together and he knows what I'm capable of so I don't know why he's being a hard ass.

"I hope your eyes get stuck been rolling them all day."

I cut my eyes to him and roll them just to get on his nerves too. He's going to be in a rude awakening when I put his ass on the couch tonight. Want to treat me like I'm some random nigga from the street...have fun in the dog house.

"Alright break time is over start doing these ball handling drills."

"But we already did them."

"What?"

"I said we already did them! We've done every warmup and skill drill in the fucking book! It seems like I'm doing it more than you as if you don't think I'm capable of and feel like I'm going to be the reason we lose. You must've forgotten that I was locking your ass you and made you fall the first day I met you. If I can do that to you to someone who played division one basketball and almost went to the draft...I can drop these niggas. I know you put a lot of money on this game but you just have to trust me."

I see him nod his head and he walks over wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I do believe in you baby I'm just nervous."

I guess he's not getting put on the couch tonight.

"I've heard about these dudes and they play real rough and dirty so I just want to make sure you ready."

Now I completely understand...he's just trying to protect me. Jordan knows I'm a big girl and can handle my own.

"Please I grew up with three brothers I'll be alright" I laugh.

He joins in on my laughter and brings his face closer to mine. I peck his lips multiple times and squeeze the life out of him.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"Now let's go home."

I help him pick up all the equipment that we brought over and head on home so I can cuddle with my oversized teddy bear.

• • •

Today is the day of the game and I feel good I'm not at sweating at all. Jordan is doing good as well and I got some morning head, so I'm not complaining. Work was good today and my brothers let me off early just so I could have enough time to get ready. Jordan and I decided to pull up in different cars since we were coming from work and our off times were cutting close. I see him waiting in the lobby with his gym bag and basketball. Running up to him I wrap my arms around his body and he smiles down at me.

"You ready?"

"Yeah I just need to warm up and stretch."

"They'll give us time to do that", he nods his head.

"Wow this is more organized that what I expected it to be."

"Yeah baby these boys mean business."

We walk onto the court and check in with the refs...refs!?!?

I've never heard of a street ball game having refs...these niggas is scared. Before blasting my bag down I dap up all of Jordan's friends since they came to support us. I've gotten to know them more since Jordan and I made things official and they're pretty cool.

"These niggas have been sweating since the moment they stepped in JP."

"Well I'm not the one they need to be worried about when I got this sharp shooter right here", he smiles at me.

I shake my head laughing and go off to the corner to stretch. Soon jordan joins me and we stretch each other out before we are called on to the court. I scope these dudes out and in my minds I'm thinking this is a easy win. The only way to know is by looking at the outcome of the game. One of the ref's blow the whistle and a Jordan checks the ball in.

• • •

Right now we're down by two with thirty seconds left on the shot clock. Jordan has been getting locked up majority of game, but he still finding his way around. Before we got here he told me if we're down I'm taking the last shot and that I need to embarrass these niggas. His words play over and over in my head and I knocked out of my trance when I hear my boyfriend scream my name. He passed the ball and I see we got twenty seconds left. I make eye contact with my defender and look at the lane to see it's wide open but that'll only put us at a tie and I was ready to go home. I dribble between my legs and fake a pass to Jordan making my defender look. I put up a step back three and it goes in the hoop. Everyone in the gym goes crazy and I make a beeline to my backpack grabbing my water. I see Jordan take the money in the hat and dap up our opponents. They walk over to me as I'm wiping the sweat off my forehead.

"Good game."

"Thanks y'all too."

"For a minute when I saw you walk in I said ain't no way the the girl that be hooping."

"I shut y'all  up didn't I", I laugh.

I say my goodbyes and head over to Jordan seeing him talk to his friends.

"I'm going to head home", I kiss his lips.

"Ok I'm probably going to pick up some takeout and see you there I love you."

"I love you too."

words from micaiah🧡
from now on guys the updates will be scheduled
this is so I can hold myself accountable  and so you guys can get constant updates🫶🏽♥️
Mondays- Euphoria
Tuesdays- A Thin Line and Girls Can't Jump
Fridays- Sex Lessons and The Game Plan
The updates won't be at a scheduled time because I don't have a consistent work schedule (I work at any time because I have open availability) but they will be released before the end of the day (11:59pm central time) I hope you guys like the schedule♥️