6. proposition

Micaiah
Every Saturday morning my family and I go to the park to help my mom get the exercise and to just spend time together. Mason, Miles, and Micah always call up their friends to play basketball. My parents actually invited Jordan out to come with us because and I quote, "as much time as he spends with you and at our house he's basically like family." My parents love Jordan and he's such a big help to my mom. No matter if its with taking her to treatments, making her food, or even helping her finish her puzzles he's always there.

My mom has been bugging him about making me his girlfriend but I don't know I let things happen on their own. Jordan and I were sitting at the benches on the court while my dad and brothers were trying to get my mom to attempt a pull up.

"She looks more healthy."

"Yeah she has her good days. I just wish it just went away."

"It eventually will you know your mom is strong."

He engulfs my hand in his and rubs the top of it with his thumb. I would be lying if I say I didn't have butterflies in my stomach.

"How about this, let's play horse and if I win I get to take you on a date."

"Well what if I win", I sass.

"Then...I don't know you choose", he laughs.

His laugh and smile are so adorable I love it.

"Then you have to take me on a shopping spree."

"Alright it's on."

• • •

Of course I ended up winning even with Jordan trying to distract me.

"Get your wallet ready because I'm getting a whole lot."

"Relax don't break my pockets."

"A girl like me I got to."

Soon enough their friends start to show up and I was walking towards the bench so I can have a seat.

"Where you going? You're not going to play?"

"Nah Miles,Mason, and Micah's friends don't let me run with them."

"Well that's changing today alright you're on my team I'm not going to let you sit out."

Jordan is very hard headed but I honestly love that about him.

We walk onto the court and all of their friends groan.

"Mason tell your little sister to go to bench and be a cheerleader."

My brothers get mad, but Jordan's friend Ralen speaks up.

"Y'all better stop acting like Mickey don't get buckets she was whopping our ass at the rec just give her a try."

"She's going to be on my teams and y'all playing 2 on 2? King's court?"

"Yeah we doing half court or full court?"

"Mmmm let's do half of y'all down and to make it more interesting let's add some money to it....twenty dollars from each player when your team loses and then the next team steps on."

"Yeah we're down for that."

• • •

So far Jordan and I have won every game we've boasted and we were down to our last team....Mason and Micah. I was low key busting they ass and knew that I couldn't go to the paint knowing that's both of there sweet spots so I was just shooting threes. I haven't missed a three since we started plying and I was on fire. My parents were cheering me on and it felt good to put a smile on my mom's face. The two of us racked up a lot and I'll probably give the money to my dad to help out with mom's treatments and medication.

Jordan passed me the ball and I go in for a layup and win the game for us. He picks me up and spins me in the air.

"You did so good out there."

I guess it was just out of excitement his lips met mine.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean-"

"It's ok", I smile.

He counts of the money and tries to give me my half.

"Nah you can go ahead and give it to my dad."

I watch and he gives my dad all of the money and he gives him a hug.

"I told you to only give my half."

"I know but I figured it was for your mom so I just gave him all of it."

Now I worked up the courage and decided to give him a kiss.

"Y'all need to stop all of that", Micah yells.

I roll my eyes and pack up my things so we can head home and shower.

• • •

Jordan
I decided to spend the night with Micaiah because why not we spend most of our time together. I was rubbing and ice cup on her shins as she was rubbing one on my right shoulder...perks of Mr. Lawson owning a sporting goods store.

"What made you want to kiss me earlier?"

"I don't know really I saw a chance and took it. Why did you kiss me?"

"Same here plus you're cute so I don't see why not."

I turn around putting my full attention on her. I lean in placing her lips on hers. She wraps her arms around my neck and we just go at it. Our tongues fought for dominance as I slowly push us into her pillows. We hear a knock on her door and we pull away smiling.

"Come in."

Her brothers enters the room with blankets, pillows, and an air mattress box.

"What are y'all doing?"

"Having a sleepover in our sister's room."

"Uh uh no sir y'all are not one y'all got y'all's own apartments and two all three of y'all snore at that. I already gotta deal with Jordan's snoring so having all y'all in here is a no."

They continue to blow up the air mattress and I laugh while Mickey gives me a death glare.

"It'll be ok I'll cuddle you for the whole night."

"Ok",she smiles.

"I got a proposition for you though."

"Yeah wassup."

Her smile is killing me.

"So sometimes I hustle basketball games to make some extra cash to help out with other expenses. That's why I always get money involved whenever we play and I was wondering if you um wanted to be my partner? People underestimate you and then you show out proving them wrong."

"So we're going to be scamming people?"

"I wouldn't say scamming, but all I'm saying is that this could make us a lot of money if you down to do it."

"I mean I'm down, but what if we get caught or somebody spreads word about what we're doing."

"We won't be playing at the same park all the time we'll simply rotate through the week. So what do you say?"

"Let's do it."