Eight

At school, Maria was feeling like something was wrong. She hasn't seen her best frenemy at all. That's not like Roxy. She tried to call Roxy, but nothing. "Roxy, I don't know about this." She mumbles as she saw Liz. "Please tell me that you heard from Roxy?"

"No." She says as Max walked over.

"Okay, I need to go check on her. I have this bad feeling."

Liz nodded as she looked at Max.
~~~
The feeling that Maria had gotten worse as she arrived at Roxy's house. The car was gone. Maria looked around before walking up to the door just to see it was slightly opened. "Roxy?" She called out as she walked in.

Seeing the mess, Maria grabbed her phone and started dialing 911. She didn't press talk yet as she walked upstairs. "Roxy?" She called out as she opened the door to Roxy's room to see a very bloody and beaten Roxanne Carlisle. "Roxy!" She ran as she pressed dial.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"My friend, I came to check on her and found her beaten. Please get help here now!"
~~~
At school, Michael, Isabel, and Ryan came running in with the news of Max, but Michael stopped as he felt pain. "You have been feeling pain all morning. Is everything okay?"

"Something's wrong with Roxy."
~~~~
Seeing the ambulance, Maria took them upstairs, they put Roxy on the stretcher causing Maria to grab her hand. "Is Roxy going to be okay?" She asked.

"We don't know." The paramedic tells her. "Can you tell me what happened?"

"She was always closed off, but we have a theory that her mom was abusing her. I never knew it to be true." She said looking at her friend. "I'm right here, Roxy."

"Does she have any family?"

"I'll call her sister." She tells them as she dialed her sister's number. "Isabel, it's Roxy. I think you need to meet us at the hospital."
~~~
Liz stood watching them work with Max as Roxy was brought in. She gasped as this wasn't supposed to happen. "What happened?" She asked.

"She was abused." Maria says.

"Go to school, I'll talk to you later."

Maria looked at Roxy. "No. I can't. I promise to not leave her side." She tells her as Michael, Ryan, and Isabel walked in.

"Oh my god. Roxy."

Michael went straight to Roxy's side and grabbed her hand. "I'm here." He tells her.

A nurse took blood from both Max and Roxy. "Do you know if she has family?"

"She's our sister." Isabel tells the nurse. "We never knew it was this bad."

Michael kissed her head as he didn't care what was being said. Ryan walked over to Michael. "I'll get the blood."

Maria looked at the blonde as she didn't understand the connection, but she could tell that Michael is in love with Roxy. "We can't let them get that blood." Isabel says looking at Maria and then Liz. "Liz..."

"I'll do it." Maria tells them. "I found her, so I will be the one to save Roxanne from being discovered."

Michael looked at her. "Thank you." He tells her. "You truly are her friend."

"Frenemy." Maria says. "She's the only type of person I can love and hate. "

Michael looked at Roxy as she stayed unconscious. He noticed her necklace was gone. "Where's her necklace?"

Maria showed him the necklace. "It broke and I knew she would hate if something happened to it."

Michael took the necklace and placed it on her as he used his powers to fix the necklace as Maria went on look out till it was her turn to get her blood taken. One thing that he realized is how long it was taking Ryan to get the blood.
~~~
Waiting for results on Roxy and Max, Michael leaned against the wall as Ryan stared at Liz and Maria. Michael's only concern was his friend and someone who he loves. "She said go home." He heard Ryan tell Alex.