Usopp orders his crew to take Kaya and flee. The three boys take Kaya into the forest while Kuro sends Jango after them. Zoro finishes Buchi off and then heads out with Usopp on his back as a guide to rescue Kaya and the boys (since Usopp cannot move due to his injuries and Zoro needs him to navigate through the forest). Meanwhile, Yamato begins her battle with Kuro. Jango eventually catches up with his target and easily overpowers the boys.

Kaya threatens to kill herself with Jango's chakram to stop him from hurting Usopp's crew, and allows Jango to force her to sign a will that would allow Kuro to "legally" acquire her wealth after he kills her. Zoro and Usopp catch up, where the latter proves himself less useless than he seems, as Usopp defeats Jango using his sniper skills with help from Zoro, rescuing Kaya and the boys.

Meanwhile, Kuro unleashes his "Shakushi" that attacks everything in sight, including his own men, revealing that part of his original plan was to kill his crew so his true identity could never be exposed. Angered by Kuro's lack of respect for his crew, and his abandoning of the ideal of what it means to be a pirate, the final victory is won by Yamato, who defeats him with her devastating Thunder Bagua and forces the Black Cat Pirates to leave the village with Kuro's body.

Usopp decides that news of a real pirate attack might be too upsetting for the villagers and would affect their peace of mind, since pirates do not normally come to an out-of-the-way village. He orders everyone to keep it a secret, to which Kaya and his crew agree. Kaya, realizing that her confinement in her home and her sorrow towards her parents' deaths had been the cause of her illness, is grateful to the Straw Hats and gives them her ship, the Going Merry.

Usopp is grateful to them as well, and now has the confidence to disband his pirate crew and strike out on his own to become a real pirate. But his luck proves to be even better than he knows when Luffy and Kai invite him to join thier crew. With a new friend and crew member. Before leaving Usopp tells Kaya to wait for him and when he comes back they could get married. She agreed happily as the rest of the Strawhats smiles. They were all given a new ship, the Straw Hat Pirates leave Syrup Village to continue their voyage to the Grand Line.

Scene Change

It's been a few weeks since they left Syrup Village. They all gotten used to the new dynamic for the crew. Especially now that they have an actual ship and have plenty of space for everyone. Right now, everyone is doing thier own thing. Ussop is in front of the ship with a serious look on his face.

Usopp: You pathetic little, maggots. You unknowingly attack the fleet of pirates commanded by captain Ussop of the Going Merry.

As Usopp takes out a wooden stick as it was his sword. As he jumps over the railing and lands on the main deck.

Usopp: Attack them!!

He says out loud to the rest, but they know he is joking around. We see that Luffy is doing something with a flag. Zoro is laying down and trying to sleep. Nami is reading the maps that she has. Kai had his head on Yamato's lap as she plays with his hair.

Kai looks over at Usopp as he just chuckles at him. He knows Usopp is playing around as he has getting to know him. Usopp is can be childish alot, but he appreciates. He knows Usopp has a lot to prove mostly to himself. Trying to go from cowardly to a powerful warrior of the sea. Kai knows he is going to achieve it, but Usopp does need to let go of that self doubt he has on himself.

Ussop: Uh, jeez. I expected you guys to be more lively than this.

Luffy: I'm finished!

Which made everyone looked up at Luffy to see the flag he made.