26

Ik i said id finish this by the end of the week, but then I forgot wattpad existed again💀
anywhoo just one more chapter after this one :)
-
It was a Sunday, and Bakugo had been staying at Midoriya’s house again. The previous night, Bakugo and Midoriya had accidentally stayed up late again, a frequent occurrence anytime Bakugo stayed over. They had gotten distracted, talking together for hours, about anything and everything, from random memories they had, to movies they watched and books they read, to how many ants would it take to weigh a full pound (courtesy of delirious Bakugo). Having gone to bed so late, they slept nearly until noon.

Bakugo was the first to awake, and found himself pressed flush against Midoriya’s torso, Midoriya’s arms wrapped tight around him. Midoriya’s breath was soft, tickling the back of his neck. He felt an arm shift beneath him, as Midoriya let out a small groan, beginning to awake.

Just minutes after Midoriya awoke, a knock came from his bedroom door, startling both Bakugo and Midoriya, as they knew Inko had already left for work, and she was supposed to be the only other person in the house.

“Why the fuck is someone else here-” Bakugo said, but he was interrupted by the door opening.

“Looks like you two stayed up too late,” Kirishima said with a laugh. “It’s already noon, and you’re both still in bed.”

“How’d you get in? My mom left hours ago,” Midoriya said, pulling himself to a half-way sitting position.

“Well, you need to start locking your front door,” Kirishima responded, walking the rest of the way into Midoriya’s room. 

“What’s in the bag?” Bakugo asked, glancing down at the plastic drug-store bag, swinging back and forth in Kirishima’s hand.

“Hair dye,” he said excitedly.

“For your hair? Or ours?” Izuku asked curiously.

“I need to re-dye my roots, but there’ll be extra if you want.”

An hour later, after Midoriya and Katsuki had eaten, the three boys found themselves on the floor of the bathroom. No one spoke of the other times all three boys sat on the floor of a bathroom, but they were all thinking of it. They were all glad the present was not a repeat of the past.

“Did you want to dye your hair at all?” Kirishima asked, directing his words at Midoriya. It was hard for Midoriya not to laugh, with Kirishima having a plastic bag tied over his head, letting the bleach set.

“Maybe… Could we just do a small piece?” he asked in response.

“Sure! We’ll just need a bit of foil. You want to too Kats?”

He just shrugged, mumbling out ‘fine’. Kirishima quickly ran out of the bathroom, and his step could not have had any more pep. Three minutes later, he returned, holding a roll of tinfoil.

“Izuku, sit,” Kirishima said, patting the floor in front of him as he too found a seat on the ground. “Where do you want it?”

“Here?” Midoriya suggested, grabbing a chunk of hair on the right side of his head, just in front of his ear.

Kirishima nodded, and began grabbing a small piece of foil and a bit of the leftover bleach from his own hair. Midoriya wrinkled his nose at the potent smell, as Kirishima began brushing bleach over Midoriya’s dark green hair.

With the foil securely wrapped around Midoriya’s piece of hair, Kirishima turned to Bakugo, asking him where he wanted his red streak of hair.

“I don’t fuckin’ know, surprise me,” Bakugo responded. Before he knew it, there was foil wrapped around a piece of hair in the center of his forehead, and a smear of red dye across his nose, from when he had refused to stop moving like Kirishima told him to.

When all their hair was dyed and rinsed, looking in the mirror, Midoriya and Kirishima couldn’t stop giggling at how they all matched. Even Bakugo let out a small smile, when Midoriya started teasing him about how his red spike of hair made it look like he had a unicorn horn.

}{

Bakugo, Kirishima, and Midoriya sat awkwardly on the sofa in the therapist’s waiting room. Their parents had somehow managed to find a therapist who treated both teenage soulmates and people who struggled with self harm in specific. They were primarily there for Bakugo (Midoriya still refused to talk with a therapist or adult about his own struggles, not wanting to worry his mother), but they had decided for all three boys to come for the first session. Bakugo and Midoriya were both incessantly and anxiously fidgeting the whole time as they sat, waiting for their names to be called.

When they were called into the therapist’s room, there was no way to describe it other than comfortably basic. The walls were a warm off-white, some hobby-lobby looking art on the walls, and there were plenty of different seats to choose from, each adorned with colorful pillows.

For Bakugo, it was strange to have to be so open with someone he had never met before, and he was definitely glad to have Midoriya and Kirishima there with him. He was thankful for Kirishima’s hand sliding over and settling atop his own, when the therapist began to ask him about his history of self-harm, and his hands began to tremble. They primarily talked about Bakugo’s self-harm, as was expected and necessary due to the potentially dangerous nature, but they somehow also found themselves talking about Kirishima’s self-image issues, and Midoriya’s anxiety too.

The session seemed to pass quicker than all of them had expected. When they walked out of the room, they were all surprised to see Masaru waiting outside for them.

“I already scheduled another appointment for the same time next week,” he said. “How did it go?”

“Fine. Good. It was mostly just us… explaining stuff, since it’s the first session, I guess,” Bakugo responded.

“I’m proud of you kid.”

“We are too,” Midoriya added.

“Whatever,” Bakugo grumbled, turning away to hide the slight blush across his cheeks.

Masaru gave a gentle ruffle of Bakugo’s hair, then stepped into the driver’s seat of his car. “Now, how about some ice cream before I take you guys home?”

}{

wc: 1000