“You can, if you want,” Kirishima whispered, and as soon as his pants were off, Bakugo burst out laughing.

“What is with you two and you 7 year old boy boxers,” He asked, still trying to stifle his laughter.

“Hey! Nothing is wrong with my shark boxers! And I bet you $5 that Izuku is wearing dinosaur ones right now.”

“That sounds like a waste of my five dollars,” Bakugo chuckled back.

“Excuse you two, I am not in dinosaur boxers for once,” Midoriya interrupted.

“There’s no proof of that,” Kirishima retorted.

“$5 if I’m not in dinosaur boxers?”

“Sure, why the hell not?”

“Izuku,” Bakugo mumbled in a deep tone, already seeing where this was going and trying to warn him. He knew that this conversation with Kirishima was going to be rough in the best of situations, and this, with it rising accidentally, and Midoriya being fully unaware of what may be about to happen, this was bound to go badly.

Midoriya stood up hopping off the bed, pulling his pants off revealing outer space themed boxers, and hopped back onto the bed between Bakugo and Kirishima. For a moment, Bakugo was silent, intensely staring at Midoriya. Midoriya looked back, confused, and then it hit him. No pants. Just boxers. He looked to Kirishima, who seemed to be speaking to him, but Midoriya hadn’t heard it.

“Hm?” Midoriya hummed, asking Kirishima to repeat himself.

“I said, I guess I owe you five…” Kirishima’s voice trailed off. Midoriya clenched his eyes shut as he realized Kirishima had seen. Fingertips skimmed his thighs, over the harsh pink marks across his thighs. “You never told me,” he said. His voice was weak and wispy.

“I… didn’t tell you,” Midoriya repeated back, his voice nothing more than a whisper, and hot tears on his cheeks, mirroring the ones on Kirishima’s face.

“How did you hide it from both of us?” Kirishima asked. “With the flowers, how?” He sounded absolutely distraught, and Midoriya couldn’t tell if it was with concern and care, or if it was because he was upset at Midoriya for hiding this from him. Maybe it was both.

“I didn’t…”

Kirishima looked at him, eyes filled with confusion, until Bakugo spoke. “I knew. Since right before we were together,” Bakugo said.

Kirishima’s hands were firm over Midoriya’s thighs, holding him steady. “How?” was all he said.

“I’ve only done it twice,” Midoriya mumbled. “First time was right before we found out about Kacchan, and you assumed it was our soulmate. Second time, Kacchan covered for me.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Kirishima said, turning to Bakugo. He didn’t sound angry, but he was evidently upset and worried, and even sounded a bit hurt.

“I told him he needed to but he wasn’t ready, so we waited.”

“God, I’m so sorry I wasn’t there,” Kirishima cried, pulling Midoriya into a hug. “Call me. If you think it might happen again. Call someone,” Kirishima said, looking down at the damage done to Midoriya’s thighs. How was that from only two times? He knew they weren’t lying - Bakugo knew for sure whenever it happened, but still, it was worrisome, ‘seeing that the two times Midoriya had self harmed were similar to Bakugo’s relapses after years of self-harming in comparison to when Bakugo had first started.

“I’m sorry for not telling you sooner,” Midoriya said.

“You have nothing to be sorry for.”

“But I should have told you.”

“You should have,” Kirishima agreed, “But I know now. That’s what’s important. Do you want to talk about it?”

“Some other time.”

Kirishima nodded in agreement, repeating the words ‘some other time’ back to Midoriya.

Soon, Midoriya was asleep, laying on top of Kirishima’s chest.

“Is he really… Okay?” Kirishima whispered, directing his question to the still-awake Bakugo.

“I think he is. Or at least he will be.”

“Can you… tell me what happened? What’s happened since I… I wasn’t there?”

Bakugo nodded, placing a hand over Midoriya’s back, feeling the slow movement of his ribcage as he breathed deeply in his sleep. “The first time he did it, was before you guys knew about me. The day before you guys found out,” Bakugo whispered. “I was… Doing it, y’know, and then there were flowers on my end. It really freaked me the fuck out, I’m not gonna lie. I didn’t know which of you it was.”

“Then how’d you find out it was him and not me?” Kirishima asked.

“You know how you squeeze his thigh a lot?” Kirishima nodded. “I saw him flinch from that. In the cafeteria, so I just assumed it was him. The morning after you found out I was your soulmate, I asked him about it. He begged me not to tell you. I made sure to take care of him, and I told myself if it happened again, I would tell you.”

“But it’s happened twice. Meaning you didn’t,” Kirishima said back, his tone quite matter-a-fact.

“I didn’t,” Bakugo repeated. “The second time, I woke up to the flowers and went straight to his house to check on him. He was scared as fucking hell about what you’d think or say. I think he may have been scared for you too. Since I’ve done it, and he’s done it, I bet he was scared of you self-harming. He was in such a fragile state, I couldn’t say no when he asked me not to tell.” Bakugo paused, turning over on his side to face both Midoriya and Kirishima more. He shifted his hand across Midoriya’s back, and instead placed it halfway over Kirishima’s hand, also resting on Midoriya. “Since then, I’ve been telling him he needed to talk to you about it, but I wasn’t going to go tell you without him knowing or being okay with it.”

“Thank you,” was all Kirishima said.

“There’s nothing to thank me for. If anything, you should be mad that I hid it from you,” Bakugo said back, trying to keep his voice quiet enough that Midoriya wouldn’t wake up.

Kirishima ignored Bakugo’s statement and just kept talking. “Thank you for being there for him. And taking care of him. I don’t think I could stand to imagine if both of you had to go through that alone. It’s hard enough, seeing you hurt and knowing you had next-to-no one for so long… I’m glad that you were there for him even though I couldn’t be, so maybe, it won’t be as hard for him.”

“I hope it won’t be as hard for him too. I hope we can both be there for him now.”

}{

wc: 1700