VIII. CHRISTMAS OF '91

CHRISTMAS OF '91!

DECEMBER 1991

1st Year

• • • •

Nora grinned as she ran into her grandparent's house, letting out a shout of glee when she saw a familiar brunette.

"Grandma!" She cried, hugging Larissa.

"Nora!"

"Oh, I've missed you so much." The girl grinned, pulling away.

"So have I."

Someone clearing their throat made them turn.

"What about us?" Oswald asked.

"Yeah, your siblings." Elara raised an eyebrow.

"Of course I missed you all, too." Nora smiled, hugging each of her siblings in turn.

"What about me, Munchkin?" A warm voice asked as Oberon entered the living room.

"Papa!" Nora cried, running into the man's arms, him picking her up and spinning her around, Oberon chuckling as he did.

***

"Hurry up!" Elara giggled, making Oberon roll his eyes.

"Fire has a mind of its own." The man chuckled, successfully managing to light the fireplace, the warmth spreading through the living room.

"What's it this year, Grandpa?" Nora asked, stepping over all of the discarded wrapping paper, sitting on her Great-Grandfather's lap, shaking in excitement.

Jeremiah grinned, leaning back in the armchair, showing the girl the old book in his hands, "A Christmas Carol."

"Yes!" Oswald grinned, settling into his place on the sofa next to Elara, Oberon and Larissa sitting either side of the twins.

"Just remember, it may be Christmas, but before bed we all have to clean up, okay?" Holland reminded everyone.

"Yeah, yeah, Mum," Regulus rolled his eyes, sitting in between her legs on the floor, "Papa, hurry up and start!"

"Someone's eager." Larissa chuckled.

"Papa's Scrooge impression is the best." Regulus grinned, making Holland chuckled, wrapping her arms around her son and resting her head on his shoulder.

"He's not wrong." The woman hummed.

"Bah humbug." Oswald imitated, nestling into his grandmother's side.

"Well, if you all stop talking then maybe you'll get to hear it." Jeremiah chuckled softly.

"Sorry, Santa." Oberon chuckled, making the man glare at his son.