»»————- ★ ————-««

"So it worked, Thats good." Lucia said, looking around the mahogany office "and your going to another meeting?"

I nodded, looking around the wooden bookshelves. Vincent made it clear not to go into his office but who cares.

In the dimly lit room, Lucia and I cautiously sifted through the meticulously arranged files scattered atop the polished mahogany desk.

The air crackled with tension, a mix of adrenaline and apprehension, as we defied the explicit orders Vincent had issued—sternly forbidding entry into his private sanctum.

Lucia's hazel eyes flickered with curiosity as she shuffled through the papers, her whispers barely audible in the stillness.

"Elena, this is insane. What are we even looking for?" she murmured, a tinge of apprehension coloring her voice.

"I don't know, Lucia. Something—anything—that might shed light on his dealings or his secrets," I replied in a hushed tone, a knot of uncertainty tightening in my stomach.

The room felt suffocatingly quiet, each creak of the floorboards beneath our feet amplifying our unease.

The weight of Vincent's disapproval hung heavy in the air, but our determination to uncover the truth overshadowed our fear. Lucia's fingers paused over a locked drawer, a mischievous glint flashing in her eyes.

"Should we?" she asked, a smirk playing on her lips, pointing at the drawer.

My gaze darted to the drawer, a mix of caution and curiosity dancing in my mind. "Fuck yes" I answered, a rebellious spark ignited within me.

Lucia's laughter, barely contained, echoed through the room. "Since when did 'good ideas' factor into this espionage mission?"

A surge of nervous energy coursed through me as Lucia's nimble fingers deftly picked the lock, the drawer yielding to her persistence. My heart raced, a mix of excitement and dread swirling in my chest as the possibilities of what lay inside flooded my mind.

The drawer slowly opened and my eyes scanned the things inside.

A gun
A diamond Rolex
And a file.

My fingers reach down and I pick up the file, setting it on the desk and I sit in Vincent's office chair.

I open the file and flick through the papers and photographs. "This is all on me." I whisper looking at pictures of me since I was thirteen. Since we last saw each other.

Me in France, Rome, America, Switzerland, Russia. "Is that a list of your boyfriends?" Lucia asked looking at a list of names.

"Well if you call them boyfriends." I scoff. "Tom had a dick the size of my pinky, Kade had serious anger issues and Viktor was Viktor."

"He left out the most important one" she whispered referring to my most recent boyfriend.

Anger boiled in my veins and I hear Vincent's voice in the foyer which coincidentally was next to his office. "Elena." Lucia said as I got up.

I opened the doors to the office and walked in the direction of Vincent's voice, my heels clicking against the floor.

"Elena, to what do we owe the pleasure." I throw the file onto the marble bench while him and Vito sat at the bar.

"Where did you get that?"

"Your office. And yes I went in there." I tell him, his eyes shifted from me to Lucia. "And yes she's here too."

He stayed quiet. "Vito, we will continue this conversation tomorrow. And if you would be so kind, Take my wife's friend home."

"What?" Lucia protested but vito grabbed her arm. "Don't touch me!"

"Vito. Don't." I state, angrily.

"Yes, Vito, go." Vincent challenged his eyes never leaving mine and I could hear vito and Lucia leave.
Before I could speak Vincent grabbed my neck, forcing me to look at him.

My back hit a cold hard walk and a painting fell from the floor. "That is that last time you fucking defy me Elena." My breath hitched when he gripped my throat tighter. "If you disobey me again I will kill you. And take Rome."

A shaky breath leaves my mouth and he speaks again. "non mettermi alla prova, cazzo"
He cursed, his sexy Sicilian accent coming out to play.
{Don't fucking test me}

A smirk played on my lips "Harder"

He looked at me confused, "What?" I licked my lips, bring my hand to his that's wrapped around my throat, squeezing his tight making him squeeze his tighter.

"Harder" he looked down at me before he cringed and stormed out of the room.

I laughed, hearing him walk up the stairs.

I'm getting under his skin.

Soon he'll walk away from the alliance.