Part 17 - Safety First

Yibo feel bored and switch on the TV. He watch his motorcycle race competition last year. He is too focus on watching it, until he doesn't notice that Fanxing come and watch it beside him.

"Eh, is that you daddy? Daddy is so cool! Wow!", Fanxing.

"Fanxing?! When did you come here?", Yibo is puzzle.

"Daddy, are you a racer?", Fanxing.

"Yes, I am", Yibo.

"I want to be like daddy too. I want to ride a bike too. Can I? Can I? Can I?", Fanxing.

"Okay, okay. You can. Do you want to learn it? I can teach you", Yibo.

"I want, I want... But... That bike is big", Fanxing.

"Hahaha, not with that bike sweetie, I'll teach you to ride a minibike. Let see if it's still work", Yibo.

Fanxing follow Yibo to their garage. The garage is big but there's no car, only two superbikes, one bicycle and one minibike.

"Where's your car?", Fanxing.

"We don't have one on our own, sweetie. We use our company's car to works, that's why our manager always drive the car", Yibo.

"Who is the manager? Uncle Lele?", Fanxing.

"No, my manager is someone else. Lele is my bodyguard. Lili is papa's manager", Yibo.

"Ooo", Fanxing nodded as he understands what Yibo is saying while looking at what Yibo is doing.

"Daddy, what are you doing?", Fanxing.

"I run a check-up for this minibike. I usually use my superbike to train. It's been more than a year since I last use this one. Look like it need a little service. We can't use it now", Yibo.

"Ooh", Fanxing pout and use a sad voice.

"Don't be sad, we can use the other bike. Let's get the helmet and safety... Pad. OMG, Fanxing, I'm sorry but we can't ride today. You don't have safety pad. Papa will be mad at me later", Yibo.

"But I want to ride it", Fanxing.

"I know, but safety comes first. I can give you a ride without it but Papa will be fuse if he know. He will nag at me the whole week and maybe I can't sleep in my room... Haih, don't want that to happen", Yibo.

"Erm, how about me?", Fanxing.

"He gonna scold you and nag at you too", Yibo.

"Then... I don't wanna ride it anymore", Fanxing.

"Good boy", Yibo ruffles Fanxing hair. "I'll ask uncle Lele to take it to a mechanic shop. I'll buy the others later in the evening", Yibo.

"Can I tag along?", Fanxing.

"I don't know, Fanxing. It's better if you didn't come out for now", Yibo.

"I wanna go outside, I wanna play in a park, I never going out for days", Fanxing.

"Fanxing, my son. I know you're bored but not today. We'll going out later, okay?", Yibo.

"Why can't we going out today", Fanxing is curious.

"It's kinda complicated, honey. I'll told you later, when you're grown enough. For now, can you listen to daddy?", Yibo.

"Okay", Fanxing.

"That's my good son. Are you hungry?", Yibo.

"Yes!! I want to eat chicken", Fanxing.

"Chicken? Okay, let's order it", Yibo search for his phone but he can't find it. "Oh, shoot... I leave it on the couch", Yibo lifts Fanxing and go to the couch.

When he look at his phone, there are few miscalled from his fiance. He was about to call him when his phone ring again.

"Hello?", Yibo.

"Wang Yibo! What are doing there?! I called you multiple times but you didn't take any of it. What the hell", Zhan is exploding. Lili can't even said any single words, Zhan is scary when he is angry.

"Zhanzhan, baby, calm down. I was with Fanxing and I accidently left my phone", Yibo.

"Don't lie to me. What did you do? Tell me!", Zhan.

"I'm not lying sweetheart. I really was with Fanxing, you can ask him yourself if you don't believe me", Yibo turn the loud speaker on and put it between he and Fanxing.

"Fanxing, can you tell papa that I was really with you", Yibo talk while looking at Fanxing.

"Yes, daddy is with me. We went to see a bikes", Fanxing.

"I knew it, motorbike. I even become second when it come to your bikes... Wait, what did you do there? Don't tell me you let Fanxing ride the bike", Zhan.

"Baby... No, no, no, I'm not", Yibo.

"Huh, like I believe in you. If you don't let him ride, you ride it by yourself and put him aside", Zhan.

"Baby, I maybe am a motor lover, but I'm not a bad dad. I don't do that", Yibo.

"Papa, papa, are you angry because I don't have a knee pads?", Fanxing.

"Yes, did you ride the bike?", Zhan is still angry and sounds angry but his tone has tone down a bit.

"I don't. Daddy too. Daddy want to take me to ride the bike but then he said I should ride it tomorrow. He said, papa will be angry if papa find out. So, we didn't ride it and want to order a chicken", Fanxing.

"Okay, you have a lunch with daddy first, okay? I'll be late today... Ge, are you there?", Zhan.

"Okay", Fanxing.

"Yes, baby. I'm here", Yibo.

"Ge, I'll go shopping first. Do you want anything? Also, can you help me look at Fanxing's clothes size?", Zhan.

"Sure, baby. Can you buy a safety pads and helmet for Fanxing. He want to learn on how to ride a bike", Yibo said while hold Fanxing and carry him to his room.

"Bike? Isn't it better to let him learn how to ride a bicycle first", Zhan.

"Yes, that will do. I'll not let him ride the bike alone, I'll ride it with him. Can you buy it baby?", Yibo said while looking for Fanxing's clothes.

"Okay, okay, I'll buy it", Zhan.

"Thanks, baby. He wears a large size", Yibo.

"Okay, got it. Bye, see ya", Zhan.

"Yes, see you later", Yibo.

After he hang up the phone, he open a delivery app and order a few type of foods for their lunch. Then, Yibo call Lele to take his minibike for a full service. Xiao Zhan come back two hours later with a few bags of clothes, kitchen supplies, safety pads and daily supplies.