The little jump scare that they had given had made Carol spill her drink and now her dress was ruined.

"Why do you both have to act so childishly?" she sighed yet again, giving them reproachful looks.

"We're so sorry, Mom. We didn't mean to." Tyler said apologetically.
It felt as if he was a child again.

"Fine." she huffed, "Let me just clean this up."

"Well, she is definitely in a bad mood." Lucy said, whistling lowly to herself when Carol had left their side to go to the washroom to clean her robe.

"She was in a good mood, then you both happened." Vaishali grumbled, eyeing the two of them.

"V, take it easy." Hayley gave her a look before turning to the others. "Sorry, she's been a little off since a few days. Please don't mind her."

"Can you please stop talking about me like I'm not standing right here?" she scoffed, making Lucy scratch her neck in awkwardness.

"Ehm.."Lucy cleared her throat awkwardly, "by the way, you two look so stunning. I'm officially flattered right now. And, V, you really need to give me this suit to wear sometime. It's very very beautiful."

She was quite right. The purple satin suit with flared trousers really looked essentially fabulous on Vaishali.

And Hayley was looking glamorous in a sharp red midi adorned by pearl earrings.

"Thanks." Vaishali nodded slightly, not even looking at her.

"You know what? Give me a moment. I'll talk to her." Hayley whispered to Lucy and Tyler as an embarrassed mother just about to scold her child in a corner for the mess it created in an important party.

Vaishali rolled her eyes sarcastically as Hayley grabbed her arm and dragged her out of their earshot.

"What's wrong, V?" Hayley sighed, giving her a look. "I thought the party will cheer you up."

"Well, it definitely didn't. Because I saw him." she jabbed her finger towards the judge's table where Atticus Shane was sitting talking to the other judges.

"You shouldn't point your finger like this. It's embarrassing." Hayley sighed, lowering her hand as Vaishali merely scoffed at her words.

"Look, I'm telling you over and over again, let's just take help from Lucy. She will definitely find a way to help you. We don't need to go through all this."

"How will she be able to help us? My parents were wolves, she wouldn't know anything about them." Hayley muttered, careful to keep her voice low.

"Well, she will just make a phone call and you will have your whole history before you. It's easy peasy." Vaishali reasoned with her, glancing momentarily to where Lucy and Tyler were talking and laughing about something.

"That's just not possible. She has connections with witches, not wolves. It would be of no use."

"Maybe she could get out some useful information. Then we would not have to go through this stupid ritual."

"So you want me to tell her everything? How will she react when she heard that we were going to do everything Shane asked us to do?"