Phoenix (Top Gun)

Fandom: Top Gun
Request: No
Genre: Fluff
M/F/NB: Male
Info: (R/n) = Random Name
Note: A bit of inspiration before I do another request

✩ Enjoy ✩

Call Sign

"I'm being sent where?" (Y/n) raised an eyebrow, looking at his commander like he was crazy.

"You're being sent to Top Gun." The Commander repeated, before picking up an eagle pin, the pin all aviators in the Navy wear. "Your front seater, (R/n), turned in his wings, not wanting to risk losing his life anymore."

(Y/n) sighed, nodding his head, "Who's going to be my new front seater?" He inquired, the Commander making a noise of remembrance.

"You will be teamed with Natasha Trace, no call sign yet." He responded, (Y/n) furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"No call sign?" He repeated, confusion lacing his voice.

"You heard me right, she hasn't decided on a definite call sign yet." The Commander specified. "Now-" The Commander got up from his desk, "-you'll be expected to be on the road there within the hour, I recommend you get on it."

§

(Y/n) sighed as he slung his heavy bag on his shoulder, hauling it into the dorms, making his way to the elevator. He pressed the up arrow, the elevator door's opening a moment later, revealing a girl standing in there.

She had a slicked back bun, a dark green bag, identical to (Y/n)'s, on her shoulder. (Y/n) looked down to her name tag, seeing 'Trace' on her tag.

"Natasha Trace..." He muttered, remembering the name of his new front seater, the girl looking up when she heard her name.

"What?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows, (Y/n) quickly shifting his bag into his non-dominant hand, smiling kindly.

"So you're Natasha Trace, my new front seater?" (Y/n) stepped into the elevator, pressing the button of the third floor, the girl looking (up/down) at him, a skeptical look on his face.

"You're (Y/n) '(C/s)' (L/n)?" She questioned, the elevator slightly rumbling as it raised up the floors. 

"That's me." He chuckled, a ding sounding, the doors to the elevator opening, revealing the third floor.

He stepped out, her following, both of them walking in silence, both of them not sure what to say.

Once (Y/n) reached his assigned room, he pulled out a key, noticing Natasha still near him.

"Yes?" He questioned politely, before she cleared her throat.

"This is the dorm I was assigned." She clarified, (Y/n) looking down at her key, making sure he got the dorm number right.

It was right.

"Oh that's right-" (Y/n) stuck the key in the keyhole, unlocking the door, "-I was told I would have a roommate." (Y/n) pushed the door open, holding it open so Natasha could go in first.

Natasha nodded her head in thanks, walking in, observing the dorm. It was relatively small, a small kitchen area, a small table with two chairs, and three doors, two being rooms, the last being a shared bathroom.

(Y/n) walked in next to her, observing the room too. 

"Which room do you want?" He asked, before chuckling, "Though I doubt it'll matter, I bet they're identical."

Natasha lightly chuckled at the joke, before nodding, "Probably."

She took the door on the left, (Y/n) taking the one on the right, both of them opening their doors at the same time.