12

As Alayne walked down the isle, Robb felt his breath constrict in his throat. It was much like that first night, when she'd kissed him on the cheek, only about a bazillion times more nerve-raking.

She smiled tightly at him, but her eyes were panic striken. Robert took her up to the Septon and took off the golden Baratheon cloak. He kissed her cheek, and then walked back over to her mother, who gave her a smile of reassurence.

Robb gently took her hand, and they looked deep into each other's eyes. The septon began to speak, and she started, making him smirk down at her. She bit her lip flirtaciously, and he resisted the urge to kiss her right then and there.

"Place your cloak about her shoulders and bring her under your protection."

Swinging the cloak in an impressive arc, he enveloped her in his warmth. He grinned as she blushed and snuggled into the warm cloak, which elisited some cooing from the crowd.

Arya smiled widely as she looked upon her soon to be good-sister. They looked happy, overjoyed. The septon bound their hands, and Alayne looked at him before opening her mouth to speak in unison with him.

"Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger. I am his/ hers, and he/ she is mine, from this day until the end of my days."

And just like that, bound together for eternity. A warm feeling, like safety filled her to the brim, so much until she felt she could burst. Giving him a genuine smile, before they turned to face the rest of court and their families.

Alayne winced slightly as she realised just how drunk her father was. On her wedding day of all days. But, she put it to the back of her mind. Nothing was going to distract her from Robb.

"If the two of you and your four witnesses would go to the God's Wood."

The Septon commanded them. Turning to the crowd, Cersei, Jaime, Catelyn and Ned detached themselves and walked ahead of the yound pair down the isle.

Shaking slightly, Alayne and Robb followed, their hands still tightly tied. Just outside of the hall, they stopped, and Robb put his lips to her head in a soft, loving jesture. Neither had been back to the God's Wood since that day. Their first day together at Winterfell.

"You can do this," he murmered in her ear as they hurried to catch up with the others. "I am right here."

"Always?"

"Forever."

As they walked into the courtyard, there came a yipping, and the six large direwolf puppies that had been hidden from Cersei for so long ran into the courtyard, but before they could reach the group that walked slowly across the mud free yard, they were yanked back on a leash.

The largest one howled in dispair as he watched his owner walk past him. Alayne hated leaving them there, miserable, so she quickly dragged Robb over and kissed Grey Wind on the tip of his nose before they ran back to the presession into the God's Wood.

Another Priest waited for them under the dreaded Heart Tree. There had been some deliberation as to wether Alayne should have to go through with this, but she'd been determind to do things right. Robb loved her all the more for braving the place of nightmare for him.

The Priest placed his hand over theirs and spoke a few words in the old language.

He kept on talking for a few minutes, and Alayne could practically feel her mother's eyes rolling as she listened to the 'Savage's drivell'. She felt comfort in Robb's steady gaze, and held herself upright, ignoring the pain in her chest from resent expossure to memory.

Red blood and mutilated body flashed in front her eyes. Robb could see the panic in her eyes and sqeezed her fingers in a small sign of love and comfort.

Gulping a deep breath, she searched his face for any sort of scared feeling. If he felt any, he was good at hiding it.

"You may now kiss your bride, in the eyes of the Old and the New."

Agonizingly slowly, Robb bent his head. Gently, he captured her lips in his. This kiss was nothing like their frantic ones that morning, this one was full of hope and promise.

And love.

[a/n : fucking writers block. BUT DIREWOLVES!]