Chapter 8

Everything sucks.
————————————

   After yesterday with Monty I have never felt better. All the stress seemed to fade away, just dancing with Monty and DJMM, for awhile I forgot about my job.

   I ended up leaving pretty late and going home, getting a couple hours of sleep, but enough sleep... ish.

   I just clocked in at the pizzaplex and a little child has already ran into me as I was going up the escalator. I quickly balance myself and catch the child before they fall on their face.

  I don't know why there was a random child running up an escalator, but I guess I'm probably about to find out. They seem to be around 6-7, probably 1st grade.

   It was a little girl with dirty blonde hair and really pretty green eyes. She was wearing a headband with ears like Roxy's. She was wearing an orange Mega Pizzaplex shirt and some navy blue shorts.

   "Oh... thank you so much! I'm sorry... I lost my mom and thought I saw her, but it wasn't her." The little girl states, her green eyes slightly tearing up.

   "No worries it's alright! Do you know where your mom might've went? Could she be in the daycare looking for you?" I ask, pulling her slightly to the side so people could get off the escalator.

   "Uh, I don't think so. She- she didn't really want me in there, but I guess maybe because... uh because I said I wanted to." She replies. I nod, there's a pretty good chance their parents is there then.

  I hold out my hand for her to take and she grabs it with a smile. "So, what's your name?" I ask, starting to walk towards the daycare.

  "Charli." She responds with a toothy grin.

   "Amazing, I'm Y/n. Don't worry Charli, I promise we'll find your mom." I say with a small smile. She smiles back and grips my hand tighter.

  "Y/n! Long time no see!" A voice calls out. I glance to the side to see none other than Montgomery Gator running over.

   "It's.. it's only been like 7 hours max." I say, stopping to let Monty catch up, not that I needed to.

   "Still a long time. Oh, who's this?" Monty asks, noticing Charli. He bends down to her level and smiles slightly.

  "This is Charli, she can't find her mom so we're going to check the daycare to see if she's there looking for her." I say, Monty looks up at me as I talk and pauses for a moment as if pondering something.

  "Hm, well I saw a lady that looks a lot like you earlier heading towards Roxy Raceway. Wanna go check it out?" Monty asks, looking back at Charli. Charli nods excitedly.

   "Can we... can we meet Roxy too? After we find my mom." Charli questions.

  "Of course, I'm sure Roxy would love to meet you!" I agree. Monty stands up and takes Charli's other hand. That means he's practically holding my hand! Which is... uh, y'know whatever. It's just y'know a... uh platonic friendship? I don't really know why that thought crossed my mind.

   We started walking towards the raceway and Charli looked close to tears. I internally panicked. "So, Charli, what's your favorite color?" I ask in an attempt to distract her.

   "Oh.. uh, yellow!" She exclaims with a grin.

   "What's your favorite animal?"

   "Dog!"

   "Favorite candy?"

   "All of them! Except Skittles."

   "Yo, what's wrong with Skittles?" Monty asks, it's not as if he should be bothered though since he can't taste anything? At least, I don't think he can.

  "They're gross, they taste like poo." Charli sticks out her tongue.

   "Hm, well I like Skittles." Monty huffs. Has he ever tried Skittles?

  "Alright great there's the raceway!" I cut in before they can argue. I don't think Monty would win against a 1st grader.

   "Mommy!" Charli yells letting go of Monty and I's hands and running towards a brunette lady with the same green eyes as her.

  "Charli! I was so worried! Roxy here was helping me find you." The woman exclaims, quickly hugging her daughter. Roxy looks over at Monty and I.

   "Oh hey Y/n." She waves. I wave back and gesture down at Charli to signal that she's a fan. Roxy seems to understand and  looks over at Charli.

  "Hey kid! Ya' like racing?" Roxy starts. Monty and I share a look and quickly sneak back out.

   "Wow, so that was fun. Very first thing of the day." I say with a yawn.

   "How much sleep did you get last night?"

  "Mmm, enough." I reply, rubbing my eyes.

   "Yeah, I can definitely tell." Monty says. "Let's go to my room, I don't have anything to do for a few hours so we can just chill, I don't think Vanessa will care after what happened the other day."

  I nod in agreement and we set off towards his room. Once we're inside he plops down onto the couch. "So, how's it going?" Monty asks after a moment.

   I sigh and fall down onto the couch next to him. "Pretty good I guess. That child was a handful though." I respond leaning back and stretching. Monty nods in understanding.

   "Yeah, she seemed sweet, but chaotic. Maybe a chaotic neutral." He states with a slight grin. I nod sleepily.

   I see motion out of the corner of my eye and glance over in the direction. I was shocked to see Monty's curtain open and a family walking past.

   "Bro, why didn't you tell me the curtain was open?" I complained, unhappily standing up and walk towards the curtain then quickly closing it. No kids need to see me sitting on the couch with an animatronic alligator.

   Monty shrugs, "I forgot."

   I sigh and fall back onto the couch again.

  "So, have I ever told you about the history of the pizzaplex..." Monty starts with a mischievous grin. I shake my head, but the more he talks the harder it is to keep my eyes open.

   Not too long after my eyes closed and I slumped to the side a bit, resting on a nice metal shoulder.

————-
Yo I'm back from the dead... ish. Probably not for long idek at this point. I'll try and be consistent again, but I kinda got a lot going on so y'know