Achy Everywhere

A/N: Hi. In case you are wondering, I took a screenshot of what is above. It is from one of the websites on one of Markiplier's videos. An AI made it. *Finger guns because I'm awkward.*

I woke up feeling worse than I did. I was in a cold sweat and I was way more congested than I was before I took the nap. I was exhausted and everywhere ached even worse. I sat up and turned so I was sitting sideways on my bed.

"You're awake!" Mark exclaimed.

I was about to ask him what time it was, but a fit of coughing overtook me. Mark sat down next to me and wrapped his arms around me and Celci rubbed my back in circles. When the coughing finnally ceased, I leaned my head on Mark's shoulder, fatigued. (Fun fact: That's the first time I've ever used that word in a story.)

"What tibe is it...?" I asked, sleepily, the congestion showing in my voice.

"Time for dinner..." Celci said, quietly.

I groaned, coughing afterwards. Great, I thought to myself. I slept for the entire afternoon.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to. I'll tell them that you're tired and you're taking a nap. I'll bring back some food. How's that?" I nodded at Mark, still tired. "You wanna go back to sleep? You still look tired."

"Eh... I just still have to wake byself up the rest of the way..."

"You okay? You sound a bit congested..." Mark commented.

"A bit..." I sniffed. "I bight go back to sleep, actually. Baybe." I laid back down on my side. "Baybe dot. I dod't kdow."

"You should. The more rest, the better. It doesn't seem like you're getting any better after getting up for lunch like that."

"I dod't kdow. Baybe, I'b restidg too buch. I slept for five hours ad dow, I feel a lot worse thad I did. I'll defiditely stay id bed. I wod't get up."

"Okay. We're gonna go to dinner," Mark said. "Is that okay, or do you want one of us to stay behind?"

"...'S fide..."

"Are you sure?" Celci asked. I nodded, tired, still. "Okay."

A few minutes after they left, there was a pound on the door, and Mack spoke. "Captain? Are you awake, yet?!"

I didn't think it would be believable to say that I slept through all the noise Mack just made, so I made it sound as though I just woke up, which wasn't hard, since my voice was already hoarse and I was already really tired. Unfortunately, though, I couldn't hide my congestion. I could only hope that he didn't notice it. "I ab, dow that you woke be up! How bady other people are out there?!" I called, stifling a cough afterwards so he couldn't hear it through the door.

"It's just me! Can I come in?!"

Thank God. He didn't notice it. "Uh..." It would be suspicious if I said no... "Fide!"

He came in through the door and closed it behind him. He walked up to me with what seemed like an actually concerned look on his face. "You look like crap," He commented.

"I--" Another fit of coughing overtook me, though it was shorter than the other one. "S-sorry," I said when I was done. "I bust have sobethidg id by throat..."

"I doubt that, since you're congested, as well..." He placed a hand on my forehead, and I closed my eyes and leaned into his touch. Wait, what?! Why am I leaning into him?! I knew I was sick, but this takes it to a whole nother level!

I pulled away. "Oh! Uh, God! Sorry, I dod't kdow what cabe over be..." He looked at me, real worry showing in his eyes. "Okay, fide! I'b sick! Please, Back! Please! Please, for the love of God, dod't tell the others! I cad't have theb all staridg lasers idto be! I hate that feelidg! It bade be actually throw up, last tibe!"

"O-okay! I won't tell! Stop stressing! You'll make yourself worse!"

"Like you care..."

"I do! When you broke the thingy to summon Mark, I realized something! I didn't know what I realized until later! It... It's hard to explain. I was just teasing, earlier, too, when I asked how you were feeling. I didn't think you were actually sick! I thought it would just annoy you, a bit! I didn't think..."

"I-it's fide, I guess..." I mumbled. He gave a grateful smile. I didn't know how to react. Suddenly, it was like my stomach did a backflip. I squinted my eyes shut.

"H-hey, are you okay?"

I moved my hand to find the bucket beside my bed. "D-doh..." I pulled up the bucket and threw up in it. "Ah, crap..." I threw my head back, annoyed.

I put the bucket back and laid back down. Mack felt my forehead, again. I leaned in. "Why do you do that?" He asked.

I pulled back immediately, embarrassed. I felt my face heat up, a bit. "I-- Sorry! I dod't kdow!" I coughed, a bit. "I guess it just feels a bit dice."

Mark and Celci came back in. "We're back!" Mark called. He noticed Mack. "What's he doing here?"

"It's fide. He's different, dow. His ego isd't as hubodgous as it used to be. Ad, he kdows I'b sick. But, he doesd't kdow... adythidg else... about... y'kdow."

"Know about what?" Mack asked.

"Dothidg. If I wadted to tell you, I would have."

"Okay. I'm gonna go. Get better, soon, I guess..." Mack said, leaving and closing the door behind him.

"What's for didder? I threw up, agaid ad by stobach is ebty."

"You threw up?!" Celci exclaimed.

I winced. "Yeah, but it was only because I was dervous. Now, you're being really loud."

"Good news. They had soup," Mark said, pulling out a bowl of soup and a spoon.

"Thandk God." I sat up, coughing a bit. I put the blanket over me. Mark put the bowl in my lap. "To be hodest, I dod't feel hudgry, but I kdow that there's dothing id by stobach and I have to eat."

I was in the middle of eating when Mark touched a hand to my forehead, checking to see if I was warm. I leaned in, both on purpose and involuntarily, this time. "You're getting worse," He said, disappointment in his voice.

Celci rushed over and put a hand on my forehead, as well. I leaned into both of their touches, closing my eyes. "They are..." She said.

Mark could tell that part of me was purposefully leaning in. "You okay, Cap?"

"No, they aren't okay! They're burning up!"

"No! Not that! ...I'm talking about mentally..." I opened my eyes and looked at him. "You want another hug...?" I nodded, tears stinging my eyes, a bit. He wrapped his arms around me and I buried my face into his chest, finally letting myself cry.

"Oh, I'm such an idiot..." Celci muttered.

"Yeah, that's obvious..." Mark replied.

"Please... You guys... Dod't argue, right dow..." I muttered, my face still in Mark's chest. After a few minutes of hugging, I felt lightheaded. "B-Bark...?"

"Yeah?"

"I feel kidda... lightheaded..." I reluctantly pushed away.

"You alright?" Celci asked, feeling my forehead, again. Once again, I leaned in. She pulled away almost immediately. I looked kind of hurt. "No, Captain, it's not that! You're really hot! I mean-- temperature! Not looks! I mean, you are kind of hot like that, but..." She wasn't able to finish before I blacked out.