CHAPTER ONE

_________________________________________CHAPTER ONE : THE CHOSEN ONE GOES TO MY SCHOOL!

CHAPTER ONE : THE CHOSEN ONE GOES TO MY SCHOOL!

Easton walked into her (abhorrently) early math class with an iced, sweet coffee drink in her hand and was surprised to see none other than Percy Jackson sitting in one of the middle rows. It was weird, like it was probably weird to see Achilles in the market or Mr. D at the liquor store. Ever since he was twelve (and even before that, probably), Percy was special because of his dad and the whole huge prophecy.

But, here he was, looking tired and annoyed in math class at Goode High School. Percy was always an intimidating figure around camp, but there was something about the human world that changed him. Easton had seen him smile and laugh while playing capture the flag or while training with the Hermes (and unclaimed) kids when he wanted more practice with Riptide. However, sitting there, he seemed to be permanently scowling and his aura just exuded fuck off to everyone. A couple of the girls that were in the room were turning and whispering to each other, very terribly, Easton could hear it from where she stood, about how hot he was.

It was at that moment Percy seemed to notice at least one person staring at him. He looked up, caught Easton's eye and she watched his eyebrows furrow. Easton knew he recognised her. It wasn't hard, considering she watched his face start blushing in real time, the pink colouring the apples of his cheeks. She wondered vaguely if he was embarrassed being seen in school, but didn't care enough to process it.

Easton moved then, walking through the rows of desks. There was a second where she almost decided to sit next to Percy, some stupid thought in her head thinking this was her chance to get to know him. They had talked back at Camp, though they were usually short conversations about the critiques Percy had about how she fought and where she could improve. Other than that, Percy never sought her out to chat nor anything else.

Out of that group of three, Grover was the one who talked to her the most. He was nice, and it was mostly because she liked to hang out with Juniper whenever the nymph was out of her tree. The woods, despite the monsters, were quite peaceful. Plus, they provided privacy for her to get Iris messages when she didn't want anyone but the trees listening to her.

So, she made her way past the boy, felt his sea green eyes follow her, even turning in his seat to watch her. Easton chose one of the desks in the back, slouched into the seat, and grabbed her scribbler and pencil case. She took a sip of her drink and looked back into Percy's eyes, trying not to squirm. Having the boy's full attention was strange. He usually had so much to do, whether it was a quest, or something to do around camp, or talking with Chiron and Mr. D. And even though the Camp was busy with the impending war and battle coming, Percy still seemed to be ten times busier than everyone. The disadvantage of being the most known living demigod.

They were staring at each other. Easton could hear the girls that had been gushing about the new mysterious kid start whispering about the two of them now. She tried not to listen to it, knowing it was just speculation on their relationship and how they knew each other, and she could honestly care less. It's not like whatever they were saying was really going to affect her in anyway other than maybe stopping her from having friends. Which, then again, she didn't need.